Bristol Rovers (H) 26th Dec, 3pm

Rochdale 1 Blackpool 0 (20 min)

Oh Iā€™m not saying this is acceptable - just that this is a transition side.

We are hit and miss, and we need to get rid of the rubbish in the summer.

Have we decided to just not bother with sides near the bottom of the table? Completely unacceptable again.

1 Like

Just ask Bradfordā€¦

Thereā€™s only so long you can blame the personnel before you start questioning their coaching. Even poor defenders can be organised in to a unit, and Keates has had a long time with this defensive lineup nowā€¦

Accrington Stanley 2 Shrewsbury Town 0

Barnsley 1 Peterborough Utd 0

Transition my arse. Parks teams defend better than we do. If Keates doesnā€™t sort it, weā€™ll struggle to stay up

I agree. But I am giving some slack given these arenā€™t the plyers he wants, and they will be gone soon enough.

We just need to stabilise this year - and judge when the player turnover has happened.

No excuse for this shambles though.

AFC Wimbledon 1 Plymouth Argyle 1

Burton Albion 1 Wycombe Wanderers 1

Sunderland 1 Bradford City 0

Weā€™ve conceded more than last season at this point, have we not?

Only the bottom 4 have a worse GD than us currently

1 Like

Just so we know but how long are we going to keep blaming Whitney for our current failings ???

He could have signed more defenders at the start of the season had he wanted.
He chose to strengthen elsewhere

Poor so far.

That said 4 shots on target so a goal back before HT and maybe Bristol will crumble given how poor theyā€™ve been recently.

Scunthorpe Utd 0 Luton Town 1

Burton Albion 2 Wycombe Wanderers 1

10-man Blackpool equalise at Rochdale to make it 1-1

Guthrie, Leahy and Devlin have (supplemented by Donnellan, Wilson, Kory, Fitz, Martin etc) been the mainstay of our defence for a season and a half now without finding any real consistency.

Is that down to poor coaching or is the sum of our defensive parts just not good enough to be improved as a whole?

You know my thoughts.

All awful defensively. Thatā€™s harsh.

Devlin and Leahy are awful defensively - ok going forward.

I want my full backs to defend first.

1 Like

Two came from the Scottish first division and one was relegated with Crewe. They are trying their best but there are obviously limits to their ability.

Russell Martin has much more pedigree in his career and heā€™s struggled even more so far.

1 Like

Bristol Rovers yellow card, 40 minutes ā€¦

Coventry City 1 Charlton Athletic 0 (41 min) - as it stands, weā€™re in the bottom half of the tableā€¦

Bristol Rovers 2nd yellow card, 42 min

Had a couple of good chances to get at least one back.

Morris just went very close