Burton in for Flash?

Daily Mail reporting we’ve rejected £100k bid for Flash from Burton

Good. I know these are weird times but I think he’s worth much more than that to us.

1 Like

Another fine statement from pomlett when money is in high demand from the virus,yes he’s worth more but bonzo would have ripped there hand off

1 Like

Didn’t we pay 100k for him?

For that price I’d much rather keep him and try get him a new contract.

2 Likes

Keep him and try to get promoted. That’s more important in the mid term for the club. 100k in reality isn’t go to do a lot.

2 Likes

If he was a Peterborough player the price would start at £1 million. What an insulting bid. Imagine being told your worth less than Bale earns in 36 hours.

1 Like

True, but let’s be honest Burton ain’t going to have that kind of money stuffed behind a beer stained sofa to spaff on player fees. I’d imagine they are banking on clubs panicking on cash flow so the thought of 100k in instalments over the next 6 -8 months may be appealing to clubs like us.

To be honest, I wouldn’t trust clubs in leagues one and two been able to pay transfer fees over the next 12 months anyway if ■■■■ hits the fan. I’d rather keep our players and attempt to get out of this division.

1 Like

We have to hold onto any decent players no matter what the cost, you have to look at it long term, if we get out of this division Pomlett has said he can attract other investors, so that has to be the main goal.

3 Likes

Think this is a clue to whether it’s true or not …

Hence the ‘?’ at the end. Also, given the regularity at which the DM reports on Walsalls Xfer activity makes me think there might indeed be something in it.

I think under the new regime Pomlett needs to establish that the days of us selling players for peanuts are over.

1 Like

Josh is worth more than 100K, that’s a nothing bid for a player theses days Flash has improved so much I now enjoy watching him play. This is going to be his break through season with 10-15 goals.

100k no chance around 200 i think the club might blink.

Nothing less than 500k, and, upfront.

1 Like

Think it depends on if flash is happy to stayhere . If he is not then he will be off for what we paid for him I suppose.

1 Like

I hope they didn’t see his penalty today otherwise it will be £50,000 :grin:

2 Likes

Am I right in thinking this is the last year of his contract ?

Looks like a sideway move to me unless they are offering a massive increase in wages ,

From us to them :joy:

1 Like

So he’s gone from apparently been wanted by Millwall, Preston and Barnsley for £250k to Burton for £100k. I’m sure these ‘journalists’ pick random names, clubs and fees out of a draw.

I couldn’t imagine him being eager to move from us to go to Burton. I doubt there’s much in the wages, they’re a club which could quite easily end up in our league. He’s learnt alot and improved massively under Clarke, would going to work under an inexperienced manager really be best for him?

Also, didn’t Burton get rid of Nigel Clough because of funds, or lack of? I doubt they suddenly have £100k to spend on transfers.

All things considered, it’s either lies or a sideways move he wouldn’t take :smile:

1 Like