Catchphrases

“Hold your lines!”

:laughing:

I know I’m not the only one to remember the “hold your lines” guy from the Gilbert Alsop back in the 90s. I never managed to put a face to the voice but heard him at pretty much every game.

Others you would hear,
Put your toe on the ball and ref you’m addled.

A bloke by me used to shout “give the linesman a gew Ref, he cor do any wus”. Virtually every game.

A certain gentlemen roaring at the top of his voice **** off ref, ya ***** ****** ******* :smile:

Used to stand next to an old guy with his down syndrome son, and all he ever said was
“we need a straaaaker” he would be in his element now :grin:

A streaker would add entertainment

1 Like

Is that the bloke and his son who used to stand down the front of the Street End over towards the tunnel? The lad couldn’t speak but would make his feelings known with gestures and grunts. I recall one game where one too many dodgy decisions by the ref and he was giving it large with his arms going all over the place - his dad turned to him and said “For god’s sake, shut up!” :laughing:

2 Likes

Ye that’s him :rofl: i think his lads name was Allan?

1 Like

“Giving it a good go!” :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:
:clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

Leigh, forgot to mention he was talking about relegation, not promotion! :roll_eyes:

If you wouldn’t mind desisting from doing that…

2 Likes

It is unacceptable

Desist.