Changes

EFL meeting with Premier league again to determine how we can possibly make the rich clubs more profitable by doing away with replays and not having to field teams in the Carabo cup.

What changes would you like to see that would improve football for everyone?

Personally, i’d change offside to only being in the penalty area and apply it to feet only, not any part of the body.

Re-introduce sharing the income from gate receipts.

1 Like

Daylight for offside (feet only). It would make life so much easier for everybody!

1 Like

Maybe introduce a stop watch procedure so that whenever the play stops for an injury or whatever the ref stops the clock and restarts it with the blow of his whistle.Obviously this takes away the injury time so late goals would be almost eliminated but let’s be honest they usually go against you and knacker my bets up most weeks so I’m all for this being added.

1 Like

Agree that it ought to be clear daylight, but would say whichever part of the body used to play the ball rather than just feet.

Something to change where throw ins and free kicks are taken from in comparison to where the the incident actually happend.

A free kick is given on the corner flag and keepers seem to be able to take a free kick 15 yards further infield.

Same for throw ins, by the time a player has shuffled forward, stopped, had another run up and thrown it, he 10+ yards away from where it actually went out and it seems to be extremely common for teams playing away from home to waste time/gain a slight advantage.

2 Likes

Let the top 6 piss off to the European champions league or whatever it was called - and let the rest of us get on with it.

10 Likes

No substitutions after the 85th minute!!!

1 Like

How many points did Dean Smith lose after making late substitutions? Or is my memory failing me?

Obstruction should be when a player stops another player from attacking the ball without attempting to play the ball himself. Defenders guiding the ball out of play with no attempt to play the ball by deliberately blocking an attacking player is obstruction in my view.

5 Likes

I don’t think Manny will like that one!

Mind you I have seen a few get caught out doing it over the years.

1 Like

I’d like another line drawn between half way line and goal line, off sides can only take place beyond that line, also every team as too keep at least 1 player in that zone at all times.
This would make for better entertainment and would mean teams would have to defend deeper opening up more of the pitch for players to get their foot on the ball and play.

1 Like

Compulsory 5 minutes off the pitch for a ‘head injury’, for a full assessment.

8 Likes

It’s not failing you… it was a fair few.

It’s supposed to be an entertainment industry but all these late substitutions, which in the main are only used to break up the game, suck all the drama out of the final moments of games.

It’s only compounded further by substititutions being made in added on time. It’s ludicrous…

1 Like

Pelatne area should be 18 yards in from goal line x width of goal then an 18 yard radius struck from each end of that line to meet goal line.
Meaning every pen given is a maximum of 18 yards out.

1 Like

I get what you’re saying Saddla… with a minor caveat…

I’ve got no problem with a defender shielding the ball out of play, providing he is in playing distance of the ball himself. That’s a good skill whether we like it or not.

For me, the offence occurs when the ball is clearly traveling in one direction and the defender holds the opponent off whilst moving away from playing distance of the ball. Referees rarely call it and in some cases it is so blatant.

I guess this is more of the same with the top Premier League clubs moaning about too many games at the same time as moaning about not enough opportunities for their stockpiled youngsters. FA Cup replays will eventually go and it will be a big blow to the lower leagues.

The only reasonable change I’d be okay with is the clubs in Europe not participating in the League Cup. It’d give clubs other than Man City a chance to win it for a start.

I’d also get their academy teams out of the EFL Trophy. But that’s never going to happen now.

That’s 75% of Mannys game gone, I reckon. :laughing:

Did Ada Viveash get caught out against the Baggies in April 2000? He was trying to shield it out of play but the Bag Lady got to it and crossed for a goal. I forget whether Bob Taylor was the crosser or the scorer. We won the game in the end.

Absolutely did - Taylor was the crosser though. Good old misspelling of Bescot here.

4 Likes

Believe it or not, that was exactly the one that sprung to my mind. Was just before half time if I remember rightly. We still went on to win though.

1 Like

Fans,pundits and players would be having the same old arguments about what constitutes “daylight” . You’d still have the same slide rule VAR arguments about how many millimeters he was on or offside. Scrap VAR and leave it to the ref again or stop complaining about VAR.

1 Like