Cheltenham Town (A) 21st November, 3pm

Great post. Found his interview really weird. I think it sounded like a man who has ran out of ideas. The excuses were poor, he’d never have thought of saying some of those excuses before. When questioned why we were poor infront of goal all game all he could do was mention the penalty shout.

Think he’s after a reaction from them by saying it’s the most frustrating bunch in 10 years. Don’t think it’ll work.

As for who we’d get in, I have no idea, we’re going to get a lot of ■■■■ apply for it. Your Sol Campbells, your Graham Westleys, just hope we wouldn’t be desperate enough to go for them…

2 Likes

Maybe it will Dan, but not in his favour.

1 Like

I think by Clarke’s post match comments he knows he has 2 or 3 games to save his job.

1 Like

Ye but he would have to walk because as i have said, with no fan pressure Pomlett won’t sack him, unless fans start to post negative stuff on social media platforms? but we know that has been banned by the slo :wink:

2 Likes

It’s not happened overnight, the slide started a long time ago under Jeff. I knew it would take years to turnaround, I spent days on here trying to wake people up as to how Jeff had completely lost interest.

This is 100% his doing along with the 400k rent that he is still taking.

2 Likes

Just seen the goals! Oh my good God!!! :rofl: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

What we need is a Chris Nichol, Ray Graydon type of manager. They knew that to get anything out of players at this level they need a strong, simple game plan plus a heck of a lot of discipline. It’s the discipline that I don’t see from this team.

2 Likes

Sorry Funk but I’d take the Bonser years 100% over this rubbish. The last time we got relegated to this graveyard we bounced back straight away as Champions.
We are now looking down at possible National League football.
Pomlett isn’t our new saviour. Fact.

For ■■■■■ sake DC play Holden more advanced and central from the start of every game no matter what.

4 Likes

I had to turn off the Clarke interview with about 2 minutes left to go. I’m not sure if it was due to being frustrated with his bullshine or feeling sorry for him that he’s convinced himself he’s right.

1 Like

The only thing that has changed though, is Jeff has gone and theres a few extra social media posts. We still have the 2 lame brains running things - they should have gone - and we are still paying the leach his pension! All the changes are material - the nuts and bolts are exactly the same as what was holding us back under Bonser.

I agree with this but I think LP knows this too. It would be exactly the same right now under JB, this crisis has been 3/4 years in the making.

Bottom line is though, I reckon another manager could get more out of these same players.

7 Likes

100% agree with that and do you know why? Because they will understand what the next bloke wants simplified tactics easy instructions Plan A and Plan B not E F and G it will make a huge difference in their mentality and they will thank the next manager for it

2 Likes

You look at Cheltenham line up today and it’s full of experienced higher level players, was mentioning Liam Sercombe as an ideal signing given he previously played for DC.

Andy Williams was regular for Northampton last season and scored in their play off win but still signed him. Signed Matty Blair and Alfie May who were semi regulars at Donny in the league above.

And in 89th minute they put on Reuben Reid who’s proven himself a decent lower league scorer in last decade since his loan spell here.

This as you say from a team that plays infront of 2k crowds in normal times and was non league just 2-3 years back.

Even at this level you still need a core of 2-3 proven players to challenge for automatic promotion. That’s where things went right in 06/07 getting in Dean Keates and likes of Butler, Keates coming back for second spells as senior pros.

8 Likes

Cracking post mate

I hope there is another interview, because that one I saw on FB is ***. I would never use such words, if I were in his place. Just no.

1 Like

Paul Cook. He would soon knock this lot into shape!

1 Like

Well he’s ■■■■■■ then starting Tuesday night

We never beat them at there place

Difference is that The Bonse would have pulled the trigger by now. Pomlett is a lame duck owner with zero clout.
It almost feels like the manager ( loosely termed) knows that he can’t be fired regardless of how shot he is.

1 Like

Gravity pulling Burton down after their massive overachievement in last 5 years and losing experienced manager and putting a rookie in charge seems to be working as well as doing it with Whitney here.

As much as I haven’t rated his style of football in the past Nigel Clough is exactly the type of manager needed here. Team would be well drilled at the back with a solid gameplan, Mansfield now starting to pick up points and slowly moving up the table.

I still want DC to do well. I was delighted with getting him in but you can’t just deny things aren’t working out and his post match interview is the sort that will lose the squad very quickly.

The transitional season was last year so it’s not right just to accept the same results 12 months on imo.

7 Likes

In my humble opinion we need a kick ass manager like Graydon on Nichol. No ■■■■■■■ about. This is your job just do it.
Bit like Cheltenham today. Limited players but had a game plan.
Our 4 th division tinker man hasn’t a clue.