Clarke 9 points out of 9

How daft. He’s capable of a slightly good run, we know that. We know that from the back end of last season and December this season. We also know he’s capable of a ■■■■ run, as do Port Vale already. In the long run we’ll be better for it, he hasn’t got this season to add more ■■■■ to our squad, thankfully he’s left just as they are out of contract too.

I’m not sure he did. Didn’t he say something about not getting the first, second or third choice on the shopping list? I don’t believe what I read about our budget especially when you read players going into non league for more pay.

1 Like

The first recruiting after releasing all our players him and pomlett both said they got everyone they wanted that window. He built the squad with his old chums from previous clubs and it’s been a disaster. Granted there’s been other windows but that main one he totally failed. I don’t believe our budget either

1 Like

Yep. He’s capable of mid table. We know that.

What I will say though it’s quite funny watching people who said Clarke was poor or it was unacceptable to be mid table now celebrating Dutton/Pomlett for scraping draws against the worst team in league football.

3 Likes

Not like the players he bought for us

1 Like

Clarke must be laughing his tits off at Pomlett having won 7 and drawn 1 out of the last 8 games. This comes down purely to coaching better players. Not the cast offs and freebies he was forced to work with at Walsall

5 Likes

Pomlett signed every player on Clarkes list so in fact they were Clarkes players…Just saying.

1 Like

When a Manager leaves Walsall they either go on to become good manager or never manage again Clarke will obviously become a decent manager of a bigger club one day if he carries on the form he’s on sooner rather than later.

No,no, no, no you shouldn’t believe what they say. What he actually meant was the opposite cause whatever they say to the press we shouldn’t believe apparently

If Vale’s players were so fab why were in the ■■■■ in the first place?

This comes down to nothing more than Clarke is able to work with better players on proper league 2 wages. U don’t win 8 games on the trot by coincidence.

What list was that then. Oh yeah I remember the one where Clarke said at Walsall he often has to sign his 7th 8th or even 9th choice player because we can’t pay wages.

POMLETT OUT

Maybe this should be on the slightly off topic of the board.

DC probably works better, when his freedom of making choices is limited by a chairman or board member. Here he had too much freedom and lost it somewhere between lines. Proper league two wages? Some players probably had good contracts, but what you can do, when the stadium is constantly booing you.

1 Like

It is apparent that with better players Clarke can do well.
It will be difficult for anyone on our budget, Sir Ray was our miracle worker. Without money we are stuck here for a while.
We do however, need someone with more nouse than Dutton.

1 Like

The problems at Port Vale will occur when Darrell signs some new players like when he signed a load of ■■■■ for us.

4 Likes

Who cares anymore?

Everyone should blank threads like this, it is just clear reactionary trolling

It actually made me lol

2 Likes

Not necessarily the players are better as we did the double over vale this season .probably more to do with the support staff he has around him .

With hindsight Clarke does well with a decent budget at this level he was on his arse in league one very quickly he wont ever manage above that level he wouldn’t have lasted long at Leeds he had a much better budget at Rovers than what he had to work with here according to some Rovers fans he had the highest budget in the division in the national league and a top 3 budget in league 2 again miles away from what he would have had here.Thats why he left his comments suggest the same when he went to Vale he isnt the only one either Keith Hill was first choice and he turned us down twice because of budget constraints that’s a fact that’s been out there for ages.Salfords budget is just shy of 3 million ours is 1.3 million and they aren’t the only ones in that bracket in this division theres 3 or 4 others not suggesting we can do that but some middle ground would be nice.