Clarkey Out

There’s always an excuse at Walsall.

You can moan about the money all day long but for me the recruitment has been shocking for years, we just never get the right people in. Players or management. Scatter gun approach to everything.

What happened to the youth remit they were banging on about when we appointed Clarke?

As little faith i have in the manager, the season isn’t over yet by a long way. Id prefer a new guy, but he isn’t going anywhere.

2 Likes

Yep, one positive to come from BCD football is us fans can’t be made out to be the cause of all issues.

3 Likes

Unless of course you’re the liason bloke. :joy:

1 Like

Excellent post PT

Agree I’d just add in that it’s not so much of a scatter gun approach but what’s left at the bottom of the pond after these individuals go elsewhere usually money of course.We always seem to get the dregs that’s left and almost have to have them in the end because there’s nothing left.

Yeah this too, I’m not so sure it’s all money though. We can’t be a very attractive proposition.

2 Likes

Totally agree

I have read through all of the above and can’t help feeling that there has been far too much emphasis on what has gone on in the past, and how the club is in it’s current state because of what has gone before. Of course the money has been and still is tight, the current situation not helping matters of course.
But, regardless of what has gone before, our current plight is here and now. Blaming the past would give an impression of excusing our Board, “It’s not our fault, look at what the past has done to us”
We have a problem that is ‘clear and present danger’, we have a team bereft of quality, cohesion, ideas, or belief, with a management team incapable of extricating us out of a depressing rut of a downward spiral, that will end in non league football if we cannot stem the tide of ineptitude.
Time for Leigh to step up to being a Chairman of a football club, get rid of this waste of space now, before it becomes too late, all this nonsense of being unable to afford to do it, is just an excuse, other clubs have done it when necessary, so can we.

4 Likes

Totally agree with the above.
After we take another drubbing on Tuesday night big decisions need to be made.
Stevenage at home next Saturday is far too important for another ‘project’ that goes horribly wrong. Lose to them and we could only 3 or 4 points above the drop.

3 Likes

The joys of the Deja Vu that all the fans can see it coming but our members of the board can’t isn’t it just a wonderful feeling.

1 Like

So important it is being played the following Wednesday. :smile: Stevenage are playing something called a “Cup tie” next weekend. Bizarre concept. Can anyone enlighten me?

It is about a year since we played Stevenage in a 0-0 draw that was one of the dullest matches I’ve ever seen. Atrocious. We’ve come a long way in 12 months. :rofl:

1 Like

It certainly is just imagine how much more time DC will have with the players to teach them so so much about his 11 different formations and the 16 tactics that run alongside those formations some of these league two players couldn’t add those two figures together let alone understand all that bo11ocks.

1 Like

I say every single preseason that it has to be quality over quantity. Not two players for every position because what happens is, neither of whom are good enough. The budget is always spread too thin. If the “kids” on Pro Contracts aren’t good enough to come into the Team, for at least a few games, to cover for injury/suspension then just why were they given contracts?

Our Promotions in recent history, have been with a small squad, a set way of playing and knowing probably 9 out of the 11 players who will be picked every week.

None of the above apply to DC.

6 Likes

Just out of interest, is anyone looking forward to the Newport game?

Surely this is supposed to be enjoyeable to some extent? Even, as we are as supporters in the familiar teritory of adversity there has always been that element of anticipating the next game, the next bit of hope etc etc. I’m just completely inwardly blank with it. I know the current general situation makes things worse, and through sheer boredom I’ll probably waste another tenner as I’m actually at the stage now where witnessing a meaningful goal is something I need to experience just to remind myself what it feels like.

But seriously, entertainment? An upward momentum that could be built upon??

Hand on heart those seem like things from a bygone age.

1 Like

Looking forward to it in a masochistic way , which in itself is a really sad thing to say .
It’s ******* Newport county !!!

1 Like

Yes, I’m looking forward to it. There’s still an unknown about the game. Who knows how it will develop.

I know, watching our defence deal with a well-drilled aerial bombardment from a table-topping club that went out of existance around the time Bonser was “saving us”.

1 Like

You can always go and support Bournemouth, Rotherham and Luton who are also playing Tuesday, which in this iFollow age, is actually quite easy to do.

1 Like

Tailor made for Scarr. This will be his finest hour in a Walsall shirt

Didn’t the Vale lot take over at similar time? They look far more likely to make top 7 I’d say and signed likes of McKirdy in the summer.

I think the issue really is LP coming out every few months and saying promotion is a must. It’s a bit like Mole and Gamble always saying the championship was the goal and then giving Smith a miniscule budget compared to 14 other clubs in league one.

If it is then I’m afraid a big call will have to be made on manager in next 4 weeks as I expect the poor results to continue. If you want a new guy in give him xmas period where a few wins can make up lost ground quickly.

1 Like