Club Improvement ideas

Different ideas about transport to the ground have been put forward to the club many times, especially from the Town.

Regarding the free kids’ season tickets. There are quite a few clubs do this. It is really poorly advertised by Walsall. They should be singing it from the rooftops. Unless it has changed you don’t need a season ticket to benefit from this you just need to sign up to Swifty’s squad. They don’t push this enough and a lot of people aren’t aware of it. Been quite a few tales of people paying nearly £40 to get in with a child and saying they won’t bother again.

6 Likes

Childline have expressedly asked the club not to let children in for free, just in case they turn out addicted like us sad lot

3 Likes

I know you are only joking, but honestly, despite the fact I do a fair bit of moaning lately, I wouldn’t change being a Walsall fan for anything and even knowing how much suffering there would be I’d do it all again without a thought.

My 10 year old Son’s mate called him last night after Arsenal lost, singing “we’re gonna win the league” (Man City). He’s a tough lad for his age and not much gets at him but I could see he was getting a bit teary. First thing I said to him was “call your mate back and ask him if he knows where Manchester is” Being more serious I said to him " Your day will come mate, and when it does it will be like nothing your mates have ever experienced or could ever understand"

He gets it but I am hoping we deliver something for him sooner rather than later.

15 Likes

Just about sums up how I feel. Obvious rose tinted glasses looking back and we had loads of awful times, but we had cup runs, exciting teams and most of all adventures. Totally agree with your point about the young 'uns needing some excitement to get them hooked.

3 Likes

I mean our George is hooked already. He does get it, he even understands and often uses Walsall gallows humour.

I really want him to have a promotion on his CV, those are the times that you never forget and keep you coming back for more. When he sees that with own eyes and experiences it with all the friends he has made following Walsall then his mucka sitting in his living room singing songs about Man City will mean nothing and it will all become clearer for him why we follow our team the way we do.

6 Likes

Agreed. Growing up with Villa and Wolves fans who are from Walsall, my argument was always… its where im from, why would i support anyone else?

6 Likes

Glad you like the thread King. I was thinking it was a dead idea but we all travel away from time to time and have seen how some clubs have new innovative ideas.

Lets embrace them as best we can. People who make decisions probably read these message boards.

1 Like

Is it not deserved ?

Or are you the type of fan who see’s being the guy who spends his Tuesday night watching us in Barrow or Harrogate as something quirky ? Just to be bit different from his Albion or Wolves supporting mates.

I started off supporting us in this division. I’d rather spend my time watching us at Ipswich, Leeds, Wednesday, Sunderland etc

If we roll over and accept this boards neglect of the club we will get the club we deserve.

Some criticism is deserved yes, a lot of it is way over the top, and some of it is quite nasty and distasteful, but there are numerous threads already discussing and dissecting that. This thread was a genuine attempt to look at what improvements the lub could make looking at case studies of other clubs as examples and how they do things.

4 Likes

First thing I’d do is get rid of our useless, failing Board. Years of failure and decline and an acceptance of “that’s good enough” hence the burnt food, mispriced items in the shop, tannoy that doesn’t always work, long queues at the food kiosks when we have a cheap game promotion, etc., etc.
Feck 'em off, they have had long enough. Boycott should have seen more than enough by now to know what needs doing.

2 Likes

Mate I’ve been saying this for years to the point I lost my voice, useless amateur cretins, they just enjoy wearing the club tie.

1 Like

Thank you, that is the point or this thread completely.

How do we improve the club based on ideas that have worked or are continuing to work across the EFL? Or What ideas do you have which would be easy to implement and make a big or medium sized difference?

The transport to games idea is a great idea. I never got to see the buses laid on from Bradford Place but I can imagine use of that sort of concept could draw in fans from the outer borough or beyond. Could produce an away day atmosphere at home?

I think the purchase of the retail park and the introduction of a entertainment complex / exhibition centre could attract fans to the area. Live music, sports bar type vibes with perhaps some accommodation or good quality retail outlets (Think Cheshire Oaks etc) could make attending a game a whole day event. It may also attract more mid week business.

Improved marketing of the club, billboards advertising the cheap tickets for kids. Sides of buses, offer discounts on the day for unsold tickets in the more empty sections of the stadium.

Flexi Tickets, 6 games whenever you want them for a discounted price. This is ideal for fans who cant commit to a full season ticket and cant afford on the day prices. £114 which is £19 a game but throw in a scalf and a matchday program and 20% discount on Food or transport to the game…

Just some other fresh thoughts.

3 Likes

Whoa slow down mate, our COO has performed outstandingly and will have considered all marketing techniques and I’m sure will deliver some breathtaking and innovative ideas for extra income and fan satisfaction ( he can organise consecutive matches to be played on the same pitch and same day !!! ) a fantastic achievement of the highest administration calibre, we’re in safe hands. :joy:

2 Likes

Rename the Bonser suite! Let’s expunge that man’s name from our club. How many millions did he and his pension fund make out of our club?!!

9 Likes

Great idea!

1 Like

Throw in a selfie with Swifty as well and it’s a goer!

Word of the day. I will endeavour to include it in a few conversations later :smiley:

1 Like

How many points is it for a conversion nowadays?

1 Like

It behooves me to blame predictive text

1 Like