Club Shop Down

Looks like we need to employ a Director of Website as it is another skill set lacking from the Board, wonder if Fullerton has any contacts :joy::see_no_evil:

How hard can this be to sort? been a few weeks now ridiculous

With the club shop being closed for the majority of the season wouldn’t it of been money well spent by the club getting someone to overhaul the complete website .

Make it easy to browse and make sure the stock levels were up to somewhere near scratch for supporters to actually be able to purchase products and then likewise put some well needed money into the club .

People have been stuck at home , furloughed or whatever and have sat on their keyboards ordering from here there and everywhere ( not just football supporters) spending money out of sheer boredom so why haven’t the club taken advantage of this , and given the supporters what they want .

2 Likes

That’s easy to work out mate, it’s because the club is run by dinosaurs who probably still use an abacus to count the takings, we really shouldn’t be surprised, amateur from top to bottom.

1 Like

You know, I’m sure there’s a valid reason, but why hasn’t this been communicated?

2 Likes

Agree. Rebuilding the site, upgrading the payment system, adding new stock - all worthwhile but takes time. Club just need to be a little clearer about the downtime and build up the benefits.

Not sure if the current shop site is an in-house job but it looks it, so also a possibility the media partner (Blue Chilli) is developing a new one, so potentially a big improvement.

1 Like

Funnily enough, I logged on yesterday to see if I could get my eldest (4) a Walsall shirt because he requested one…

And nothing.

1 Like

They could have set up a store on eBay in the meantime easily enough.

2 Likes

They could have built one :grin: :wink:

2 Likes

That would require a bit of ingenuity!

It’s such a shame when we do everything else so well on that side of the business.

Still down

If anyone struggling for a gift etc while the club shop down.take a look at. The Issa store,

Everything endorsed by Walsall football club and the club benefit from every sale

8 Likes

Exactly, the ISSA site is up and working fine, selling great merch. Yet the clubs has been down for weeks.

Just another example of how poor our club is. Well done ISSA.

12 Likes

It’s been ‘down for maintenance’ for about 3 weeks at least I reckon. Another feather in the cap of this well run club.

3 Likes

It’s not as though there’s hundreds of product lines with multiple transactions every minute. It’s a few shirts and bits of tat that they sell in not huge volumes.

2 Likes

Damn I wanted a high viz bag that’s been on sale for about 5 years​:rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Should’ve given Lavery the hi viz bag. I’d have noticed him then.

4 Likes

Went to the stadium this morning to visit the club shop, looking for a top for me and the kids. All items were still full price. I asked about end of season sales and was told the new site will be live ‘imminently’ with EoS sale prices.

1 Like

Ran by people that really do actually care.

1 Like