Community room

Has anyone heard if the family room will continue to operate this upcoming season? Or has anyone heard anything different?

Anyone?

Not heard mate wouldn’t mind knowing though my kids use it most home matches

1 Like

I’ve heard a whisper today that the club have told them to close it due to taking money off concession stands. If true I’m not happy in slightest. That’s been open since I was a kid. And I would see this as a massive own goal if true. For the sake of saving a few quid.

1 Like

I’m just hoping it’s not true that’s why I was asking if anyone had heard anything

I’ll be sitting in a different stand if that’s the case my kids always use the room at half time and before games

1 Like

I can’t see it going down well at all

1 Like

I think that you should contact the club directly. They’ll have the answer…

3 Likes

I’m going to mate. I get the idea behind it but when you have young kids who like to go get their sweets and not be charged stupid prices. It’s an expensive family day out already and moves like this are a massive no no for me. The family room has been going for years and same people still helping out in there. Can’t see it making massive difference as it’s only 1 stand and it’s items concession stands don’t really sell other than drinks. Even Bonser allowed it if true.

1 Like

I understand completely. Back in the distant past when my dad started taking me to FP the only thing he could get me was a hot Bovril at half time. Loved it though & it was something I looked forward to!

1 Like

It’s a refuge ar half time when it’s Baltic.

1 Like

Totally for the kids in that stand it’s half time warmth. The kids are the next generation of fans. Things like that room are part the reason I’m a fan now. The junior saddler trips from there etc. I’ll message the club tomorrow and try find out if any truth in it.

6 Likes

Also they provide the only decent clean toilets in that stand. I often pop in there to get a drink and some crisps at half time.

2 Likes

Surely this is one for our soon to “board member” and Supporter Liaison Officer

1 Like

I need to confirm if true with the club first. I’ll send a message over tomorrow and try to get some clarification. I won’t need the SLO :joy::rofl: trust me I’ll raise my concerns myself. All I need to know is people feel the same way and as strongly as I do about this.

2 Likes

The Community Room is a great facility, especially before the game and at halftime (and during the game on occasions!) for the children when it’s freezing cold. My two now prefer to be in the upper tier but it was a godsend when they were younger. The employees in there do a great job too.

3 Likes

Exactly mate. This is why if true I’m really disappointed. I believe the staff are totally voluntary and have done it for many years. Since I was a kid. It’s the heart of our club for so many kids past and present on a match day.

2 Likes

Was a bit confused by the thread title.

Isn’t the family room what is now known as the (Junior) Fan Zone located under the family stand? The Mick Kearns Community Hub (incorporating the Bescot Bar aka Legends Bar) is a separate place behind the Homeserve lower (underneath the Stadium Suite).

The revamped Fan Zone hasn’t been going that long so would be surprised if they shut it. But then again, how much is it being used as I see quite a few youngsters with their families in the other bars?

@Dhforever any idea mate?

The fan zone and the community room are two different things. The community room in the family stand has been going for years - it’s where they do the kids birthday parties etc.

1 Like