Conor Wilkinson Signed

Looks like the management team will attract better players from what’s been said today impressed with this signing Orient fans expected him to stay there or move to a league one club they aren’t happy lol

1 Like

Tbh I saw he was available the other day but didn’t think we would get him here this season.

We can nearly put a team together

Yes I know its kinsella not kimsella

1 Like

I’ll wait until I actually see the guy kick a ball in anger before I get too excited,but he certainly has a few attributes that we are looking for on paper.

3 Likes

Appears to be a solid enough first signing but rather than viewing him in isolation, I’m hoping he’s the first piece in a structured, planned team building exercise, where the sum of the parts will far outweigh the success or failure of any individual. Good start and eagerly looking forward to seeing how this develops.

2 Likes

Bit of an obvious one for his song…can even sub in the “wolves lyrics” if he has a stinker :joy:

It’s an upgrade on Lavery, so that good with me :+1:t2:

Evran Wright is an upgrade on him lol

1 Like

Really pleased with this, imagine how weird it’ll be having a player who tries to take on 3 people and lob the keeper after the sloggers from the last couple of years!?
Loving the comments about the backroom staff too, really, really positive

1 Like

Haven’t been this excited about a signing since we signed Andy Cook.

2 Likes

Off topic but didn’t want to start a new thread. 11.30 tomorrow morning on itv 4 the big match revisited is walsall v Peterborough from 1980 before my time but sure there are a few who it may be of interest

10 Likes

I bet all the na sayers are wondering how we’ve signed someone for 2 years on our wages with our management team :joy:. Oh we’re gonna go for it this season :pray: things are already 1000% better. I bet people still want Dutton back :rofl:

1 Like

Am I the only one not happy with this signing … Brian Dutton promised us ‘Black Country accents echoing around the ‘Banksy’ stadium … this fellas clearly a cockney … I’m not happy!!

Dutton won’t be staying in professional football at least…

Another, slightly less positive, view from an Orient fan.

"Agree with the positives the other lads suggested - Wilko is a gifted footballer for such a big bloke and his mazy dribbles were responsible for the few exciting moments we had last season. Sad he’s gone, though I think he’ll struggle to match last season’s goal tally.

Couple of drawbacks that haven’t been brought up:

1) he’s a walking red card candidate. Mouthy, elbow-happy and prone to losing his rag when fouled/decisions don’t go his way.

2) He is greedy. Don’t think he ever completed a forward pass in his time at Orient. He’ll lay it off if his back is to goal, but if he’s facing it he’ll try and beat his man. And the next one. And the next one. And then shoot from miles out. He’s good enough to do everything on his own, but it’ll frustrate the ■■■■ out of you when it doesn’t work."

2 Likes

That’s sounds like a massive improvement. If Holden and co are there to pick up the pieces we’re laughing.

At least it sounds exciting compared to Lavery and Gordon falling over every 5 minutes and doing nothing.

Improvement over Lavery, Gordon, Osei Yawn and Jayden Reid then :grinning:

1 Like

Would personally hope he’s more of an Osadebe replacement and he becomes more impact sub, still need another wide player in and two strikers and that will be fine for final third (as long as Holden remains here of course which I’m not certain of…).

Do the physical job out wide while chipping in with goals that Vincenti at Rochdale was quite good at a few years ago.

A goalscoring midfielder of some kind and a few defenders and good to go and a bit of optimism at start of the season again.

Icons on silk row

n…