Cookie

Really ?? 750k won’t guaratee you a 20 goal striker and safety. I would keep Cookie.

So would I and we can until the end of next season. Then,of course, it is in his hands rather than ours.

750k, then split in half because of the clubs policy would then allow us to bring in a striker on 3600 a week (2 year contract) that’s not including the agent fees and signing on fees. would you be happy with this ?

EDIT: silly me hasn’t taken into consideration the wages cook is already on which I would assume the club are able to maintain without additional monies coming into the club, I imagine cook is on between 2-3k a week.

so going for the 2k a week that would see us able to offer 5,600 a week for 2 years.

1 Like

Only Jeff earns that.

[quote=“Mazza01, post:204, topic:761, full:true”]
Only Jeff takes that

Fixed that for you :wink:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

So hows the Cookie monster doing? I see hes bagged 15 goals already? I remember saying on here if Cookie gets you 12-16 goals over the entire season hes had a successful first season, but it looks like he will easily beat that. Credit to the fella and I always knew it would happen. Its his awkward style of play that gets him the chances, and of course the excellent aerial ability.

Do you think you will keep hold of him? Looks like hes going to hit 20 plus fairly comfortably and you could get a few bites off bigger clubs?
Also how did Ginnelly do? Was very surprised when I saw PNE snatched him off you, any idea how much you got for him?

All the best!

3 Likes

Ginnelly went for an undisclosed fee as per usual and cook I doubted his ability at this level when first came but looks better with every game now. A lot fitter and sharper. Class👌🏻

Glad to hear. Norwood has been immense for us this season and already has 20 goals in all comps. Good job really because was extremely worried when Cook left as he and Norwood had a great partnership. Norwood has carried us though but sadly looks to be sold in the next 7 days or leave for nothing in the summer. We are used to losing quality strikers on free transfers though…

8 Likes

Hopefully sold to us that would be great to link him up with the Cookie :cookie: monster :japanese_ogre::japanese_ogre::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

We wont compete with the clubs that will be after Norwood sadly love him here myself.

1 Like

We can but dream .

2 Likes

The only possible advantage we would have over other clubs in league 1 is andy cook his old partner in crime . But if let’s say Pompey came in for him no chance . Wonder how much tranmere would want for him considering he is out of contract in the summer???

3 Likes

Interesting. Any links to league one clubs. Not expecting it to be Walsall but would presume maybe a Barnsley in for him as they’ve lost a few attacking players this window. Also screams Peterborough given their record over last 10 years.

Ned scored 20 in 39 FL games 7 in the play offs 1 in the FAC and 2 in the SVT in 87-8

Thanks for That

1 Like

Oh, how optimistic everything seemed in those far off days :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

There was a reason why no football league club ever took a punt on him. He’s scored so many goals you’d have expected him to be snapped up. Other clubs clearly did their homework and understood that he lacks what is required, physically and mentally, to be a decent standard football league player.

2 Likes

Akinfenwa showed him how to be a focal point of a teams attack today.

Cook has struggled lately. I still think he showed enough around xmas to suggest he could cut it at this level.

Of course he still has time left on his deal so we’ll see what interest there is.

1 Like

Cook scores goals , end of .

He needs deliveries , look at when Jarvis first started playing and was getting proper crosses in the area , not this ■■■■■■■ hoofball ■■■■ we keep doing every game .

The opposition have clicked and just put two , sometimes three players going up against him every time , but the manager hasn’t thought …hang on they’ve twigged what we’re doing here maybe we should change it a little … FFS …

2 Likes