Cookie

Whether he stays or goes I think depends entirely on him.
DC will sit down and say do you want to play for me and this club next season. If he answers yes then I would offer him a contract.
If he says no then you might as well get some cash for him 'cause it ain’t worth having a player in the team who doesn’t want to play for you.

1 Like

If he does decide to leave,I would give him Otzumar’s phone number.He could ask him if the grass is always greener.

2 Likes

Yes I’d agree with that as well.

Well he’s still a division above us and will probably have earned more in the half a season when he was actually paid than he did in an entire year he was on our wages so he probably would tell him it’s greener.

You’re assuming he actually got paid… :wink:

3 Likes

Cook’s under contract and so the only way he’ll leave is if he agitates for a move (very likely) or if Jeef receives a decent offer (what’s the deposit on a new helicopter cost these days?) then we’ll sell him (even more likely). One way or another, Andy Cook won’t be at Walsall next season, so we need to start looking around for a decent replacement. Any ideas?

Great picture. Your Grandson has better handwriting than me.

1 Like

Excellent post.

If he goes then I’ll be happy as long as we get a decent fee. If he stays I’ll be happy as I think he’ll get a good amount in League 2, so its win, win either way.

1 Like

We will sell him on about the 12th of July for a undisclosed fee to a league one side.

Which we’ll me a shame as he could be our first 20+ striker for decades in this league.

1 Like

Haven’t seen legs like that on a Walsall player since Bobby Shinton.

1 Like

I get what you’re saying but, perhaps naively, I tend to think that professional footballers, above all, want to play football and oztumer has had precious little of that, even in an underperforming and, at times, seriously depleted Bolton team. I would suspect that, given the choice again of either going to Bolton or staying at Walsall, he might well have opted for the latter.

1 Like

Cook will destroy League 2. Cannot understand the mentality of anyone who is calling for him to go.

5 Likes

HS - are you sure it was your grandson? :wink:

1 Like

Definitely, my attempt would not be half as realistic! (His photo, much younger, is my avatar!)

Get the feeling if Tranmere win the final they’ll try and re-sign him. Would make sense, knows the club and big favourite of fanbase and shown he can score in league 1.

Was reported in one of the papers today that James Norwood has already agreed to join Ipswich so Tranmere will need a forward or two.

1 Like

Bolton was such a weird move, surely they weren’t the only club in for him? Hoofball team so not his style and he’s barely started.

Wasn’t talk the summer he left Sheffield United and Bristol City were seriously looking, both would’ve been better fits for his style. I suspect he’ll end up at a decent league one team as Bolton is just a basketcase club now.

1 Like

What was wrong with offside Jackson apart from not been able to score pass and head

2 Likes

Stefan Payne on season long loan perhaps?

DC signed him for Brizzle after his excellent season at Shrewsbury but he flopped there and didn’t do much back on loan at Sloppies. Wouldn’t be against Tom Nichols either but think him and Gordon are similar type of forwards so not sure they’d work as a combo.

1 Like

I would love to see Nichols at Walsall. With Candlin and Gordon, that’s a youthful front three to take the club forward. Four strikers is necessary (even Whitney could see that). If Cook left for a fee, I wouldn’t mind Agyei back. At league two level, we need quick pacy players to capitalise on errors made by slow centre-halves. If anyone saw Newport play on the box in the FA Cup, they were very direct. Granted an experienced striker would be lovely and we need some height; however, I would spend the money on a leader at the back who can score the odd set-piece. An Adi Viveash type - any names spring to mind, anyone?