Coventry City (H) F.A.Cup 1st round, 10th Nov 3pm

I’ve had the weekend to calm down now after all that excitment.
First of all, I’d like to personally thank Mr Mole and the club for organising the parking for me.
AFKALS Jr and I were sat in the front row of the main stand.
We had the prilvelige of sitting with some of our wonderful servicemen.

I have to say first and foremost that the performance of the team was magnificent.
There wasn’t a single poor performance out there, only individual errors as others have said.
Those mishaps should not detract from the hard work and skill shown by everyone.
They started nervously but managed to hold things together through that spell and some intense pressure later.

On the Coventry fans, I have to say it was very disappointing to see their behaviour.
Things had started so well, with the respect to the Remembrance events and Teddie.
I feel sorry for their genuine fans, who were tainted by the mindless antics of some.
If the highlight of their season is to equalise against us, then they are in a sorry state.

However, we’re not in such great shape ourselves.
The attendance was dismally poor for such an attractive FA Cup tie.
We all know that there is a cluster of home games, but it was embarrassing.
They all missed a real treat and I’m glad I didn’t miss it.

Let’s hope for another great win in Round 2!

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/J9b28c-C13E

These highlights show Devlin’s determination not to give up on a lost cause. He did really well to keep the ball in play before Kinsella’s through ball

And at least 2 superb balls by Leahy.

It’s just a shame they can’t defend :upside_down_face:

Just a shame they always take the blame for our collective defensive problems :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Yes, and those collective defensive problems have been shown to start in midfield in recent weeks.

Dobson had a good game overall against Cov but the ball back for their first was absolute suicide. What is he thinking? But Guthrie seemed to be picking up some of the blame near me which I find ludicrous.

dobsons been at fault personally for three goals at home lately.

No he hasn’t, it’s all Leahy’s fault. Did you know the holocaust was Leahys fault too? And 9/11.

And port vales second goal and he wasn’t on the pitch

1 Like