Coventry next week

I was there in 2001.

1 Like

Me and a mate went to the 5th round of the FACup there in Feb 1975…serious crushing going on outside the turnstiles that day. Well, the crowd was 43,000.

1 Like

I was there also with a few mates, remember the " Peaky blinders " throwing bricks at us through an opening between the roof and the back of the stand, so spent parts of the game with my hands on top of my head😳

1 Like

Yeah I remember I was at that game. We lost 2-1 Howard Kendall wasting time for 20 mins to scrape them a win.

I was there that day as well

122 tickets sold they day before, even for a ■■■■ cup thats terrible.

How is that terrible. It’s terrible people are even going to the game. Franchise cup and the people going are sellout mugs. Fact.

5 Likes

Brilliant tickled me that did :rofl:

I will be there so I must be a sellout terrible person. I support Walsall FC not any cup competition or league Fact If we ever got relegated to non league I would still go everywhere supporting them Fact. You and others have their reasons for boycotting the cup which I respect please do not belittle people who wish to support the team Fact

3 Likes

Probably more than home fans!

read my mind! cya there!

There are reasons for it though. Many supporters of lower league clubs are taking a stand against this farce of a competition.

Anyone know if Gaffney is cuptied ?

Cup tied? It’s his laces need tying!

oh dear has it been hacked

Well I’m not going to the Coventry game.
I’ve decided to go to a proper cup game tonight.
Emirates FA Cup preliminary round replay.
St Neots Town v Godmanchester Rovers for a place at home in the first qualifying round against Biggleswade Town.

4 Likes

Now that sounds proper hardcore mate.

Well I’m really glad I went a hat-trick from Prince Mutswunguma to put St Neots though.
Just look at the goals in this clip at 1min 20 secs and 2mins 50 secs. Worth £5 to get in just for those 2 goals alone

Hope I see some goals for us at Colchester on Saturday.

1 Like

great. Nice too see you followed Walsall even at the ■■■■ games

Nothing to do with it being a ■■■■ game or competition.

I went to every single Walsall home game and plenty of aways in the cup before B teams were introduced but have been to none since. It’s painful to stay away but the reason I do is not because it’s not worth my time, it’s because of the EFL’s complete disregard to lower league football clubs and the fans wishes for their competition.

The inclusion of B teams in the competition devalues it and threatens to form a pathway for the elite to eventually introduce them into the league. While I won’t belittle anyone wanting to support the team, I would love to see every game in the B team cup have an attendance of 0 so they have no reason to justify the changes and can give us our competition back.

5 Likes