6 Jules
16 Guthrie
8 Sinclair
11 Nolan
19 Holden
10 McDonald
21 Adebayo

2 Likes

Thought Gresty Road had been redeveloped!

1 Like

Jules off the post!

Great to see LP there. Can you imagine Bonser turning up for this. 2,000 watching online :flushed:

1 Like

0-2 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You can see the difference in class

First game of the preseason, so you can understand a lot. Few promising moments (if I seen correctly, it was chairman near the sideline), only defending could be better (for me it was soft goals), but first half of the first preseason game, right.

Some o.k signs going forward but still far too much on Wes to create anything decent.

Norman really the best RB you can find…

Early days though.

Crewe are sharper in the final third, but in concession, it’s their fourth pre-season game, and our first.

Defending on both goals was questionable, but in between each we had a decent, lengthy spell dominating possession. Holden and Nolan have both found good pockets of space around Crewe’s box, and Nurse put in what looked to be a dangerous cross on the overlap, just as this dog-turd of a stream gave up the ghost.

I’d like to see what Alfie can do in the second half.

2 Likes

considering this is our first game and they’ve already played a couple it doesn’t look too bad for me. We’ve created a couple of chances and had a couple of defensive lapses.
There’s a long way to go but I’m cautiously optimistic based on what I’ve seen.

1 Like

Obviously score is not that important and it’s first pre season so definitely not gonna get carried away however we need to get Wes on the ball more, surprisingly Guthrie looks leaner than he did last season and has done well.

I think nolan could do with shedding a few pounds

Who’s the GK playing 13 for the second half?It’s not Roberts! :wink:

1 Like

maybe youth goalkeeper rogerson

What colour shirt has he got on? :joy:

1 Like

Thanks @Peel85. :+1:t2:

He’s had his hair cut too! :grin:

1 Like

Here’s how we line-up for the second half of the match against

@crewealexfc

Trialist A
Joe Foulkes
Mat Sadler
Jayden Campbell
Alfie Bates
Tom Leak
Callum Cockerill-Mollett
Joe Willis
Liam Kinsella
Josh Gordon
Caolan Lavery

Oops - posted it on the wrong thread …

Think Sinclair was out best player - ferreting around for the ball and pushing us on.

Ayli looked a bit lost up there on his own, and Wes was hardly in it. Gordon and Lavery on for the second half?

We did dominate possession, but without creating enough decent chances. Same old defensive frailties though.