Crewe (A), Aug 15th, 3pm (Friendly)

I think you are spot on and the Manager said he would also bring in a RB with pace.

Early days, but Clarke clearly needs to work on the fitness of the team.
Alarming how both sides literally faded away completely in the middle of the second half.

4 Likes

We looked ok first half Holden looked decent and lively probably the pick for me.

Did we get Barcelonad?

1 Like

lol na it ended 2-0 but we did ok to be honest :grinning:

Surely all our ‘dealings’ should have been done and dusted well before now?

Didn’t learn anything from this. Thought we still looked weak down the right hand side preseason or not and no surprise where the first came from. Sort that out and we might have a chance of finishing where the brass at the club think we will.

But this was essentially a fitness drill.

1 Like

Didn’t really prove anything. Super unfit and no where near match fit. Still weak in defence. At least Clarke wants the team to play proper football

1 Like

I gave up watching when we lost vision and the camera boffin said “well, it says we’ve got a good connection”

1 Like

Cameron Norman is a problem in general. That ridiculous contract he has means we couldn’t get rid of him. He’s absolutely dreadful. That money could be out to much better use.

Faith that Darrell will get in a decent right back.

Good workout - that’s all.

3 Likes

Fitness drill maybe, but we still look like conceding on every attack.

It’s unlikely but we are really screaming out for a quality centre half, right back and striker.

1 Like

Rusty. Full of cobwebs. We’ve been training a week and it looked it. Crewe have played five games.

Can’t judge much on that. I reiterate everyone else’s point that we need another Rb option, altho I think Norman is not as bad as people say. I also still think we need a target man but can’t see us signing another forward.

And I thought it was just the camera packing in.

Looks like city have cocked it up :joy:

Has he got one one or two years left on his contract? Shame we had to release shay facey but i guess DC thought we could get a better RB in than him.

I thought Norman improved towards the end of last season and can understand why Facey went as he was often injured.However we do need another RB and I hope we get one.

1 Like

I thought Facey was coming on nicely before lockdown. Young and a good prospect.A better option than Norman . We don’t know he could have been on decent wedge and wanting more. Personally think he could be one that we should have given a 2 or 3 year contract too.Time will tell I suppose.

1 Like

Where did he go?

Any news on who the trialist goalkeeper may be?

https://twitter.com/amomentinsport/status/1294705240491593732

1 Like

Looks like odd bodd from carry on screaming from those pics :joy: :wink: