D 0-0 vs Crewe Alexandra (H) - League Two - Tue 21st Feb, 7:45pm

And their league is worth about 57p

1 Like

Not great conditions for the audience, whether in the stalls, circle, upper circle or the directors’ boxes.

6 Likes

Read somewhere that part of the rationale for Ireland’s summer league was to give their qualifying teams a head start in preparing for the Champions League/UEFA Cup preliminaries. No idea how successful this has been overall, but Dundalk made the Europa group stages in recent seasons.

Your opera glasses would keep steaming up.

The fact Rory Gaffney is a star player in their league would suggest it is nowhere near League 2 standard.

2 Likes

I was on the OS several days ago and noticed that, unusually, the iFollow video stream is available for Saturday. As I was in foreign parts I assumed that was the reason, but back home now, I see it’s still there. Apparently because of the World Cup there is some sort of dispensation for EFL clubs to stream games if they wish, despite it being a 3pm Saturday KO.

Might be useful for the nesh.

True.
Never understood why there aren’t usherettes down the front selling ice-cream ( or chips even)

1 Like

They probably attract better crowds in summer too.

Beat me to it. :grin:
Gaffney isn’t the worst player I’ve seen at WFC, but if you were picking a team of shockers who have reached double figures for appearances, he would have to be a contender to make the team/bench.

Winter breaks are coming in UK football, it’s inevitable imo. However you only really need to lose one game weekend for a 2 week break.

If they sacrifice Christmas/new years football though then part of its soul dies for me.

Anyway back on topic. My prediction. P-P :grimacing:

1 Like

Would help with when World Cup 2034 mysteriously ends up in the UAE :wink:

Football fans in England like tradition. I wouldn’t want to lose the Christmas fixtures for example.

I must admit though as I have got older, freezing at football matches has become less appealing. I did enjoy the first 6 weeks or so of this season where you could go to the game in a T-shirt. The long johns are well and truly out now.

1 Like

I’ve always been surprised Ice hockey isn’t more popular in England. It’s a great game and ideal for the winter months.

On the contrary my fat arse would melt if we ever played throughout the summer months :joy:

It’s so much worse sitting in the cold than it used to be standing,I find.

2 Likes

People go on holiday in the summer, let’s stick to winter

1 Like

On a Tuesday night sometime… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Even T-Shirt Man has often taken to wearing a light jacket for some games over the past few years :joy:

6 Likes

He only wears the jacket because it has a pocket to keep his keys in and another one for his wallet.

Rory Gaffney’s record in the Irish premier league is very similar to his record in League 1 and League 2 for a much longer period than the 15 games you’re judging him on at Walsall.

His record at Bristol, Cambridge and Salford over 5/6 seasons would suggest it’s a very similar level.