D 0-0 vs Swindon Town (H) - League Two - Tue 14th March, 7:45pm

Is there a pitch inspection or is it definitely game on.

Not heard anything

When you think our current average is higher than the 2015/16 season when we just missed out on the Championship, you realise just how much of a deadening hand Bonser’s ownership was. We averaged just over 5k that season, with a regular season high of just over 7k (for the Coventry visit) and 8,022 for the Barnsley play off.

Under the same regime now, we’d be struggling to get 3/3.5k.

4 Likes

Lilian Brassier currently plays for Brest in Ligue 1!

1 Like

If it goes no lower than -3 we should (hopefully) be okay especially as it has risen to 4 or 5 today. The talk of -8 on the morning breakfast was worrying.

Can’t stand another Saturday game shoved on some Tuesday night :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I agree with your last point. A postponement would also mean the fixture pile up getting longer.Not good with a relatively small squad which is short on experience.

The other problem is that it delays Monthe’s suspension. If tomorrow’s match is off then only got Tuesday’s game at Wimbledon to serve it before we play Leicester - and we definitely want him available for that.

1 Like

Alors, pour Lillian Brassier, le FC Burton Albion serait sa destination idéale en Grande-Bretagne.

Lovely shorts and t shirt weather
Let’s see what players whip out the gloves !

Are we all going to be waiting for a pitch inspection in the morning to know for sure if the games on ?

Minus 3 overnight in the Bescot area according to BBC weather and still zero at ten o’clock but plus 3 by kick off time. I expect there will be a pitch inspection but hopefully it will be OK with a bit of help from Colin Brazier and the rest of the Brazier family warming the pitch. No snow forecast and low chance of rain.

They’ve sold around 1200 so could possibly be pushing 6.000 again which is ace.

Another fine atmosphere and hopefully another 3 home points.

With our new striker Jamma bagging a couple … hopefully

1 Like

Surprised the club hasn’t commented on the conditions, hopefully the sheets are on.

And we’ll have DJ back by then. Perhaps that’s why Flynn looks so happy.

My biggest concern with the game tomorrow would be the concourses and general safety around the ground as much as the pitch. Spectator safety should be of paramount importance. When Scottish Dave went to collect his Leicester tickets this morning he said it was like an ‘ice rink’ around the ground. Forecast has certainly took a turn for the worse.

Daft as it sounds someone will turn up in shorts. Don’t understand it myself.

Really … :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Will depend on if @RobHarv3y can get off the picket line …

3 Likes

After today there is little ice or snow left in the Walsall area. Spectator safety should not be an issue.