D 0-0 vs Swindon Town (H) - League Two - Tue 14th March, 7:45pm

Not sure that it’s Flynn’s fault @Stretch

Mourinho and likely Conte will be hounded out at Tottenham and both will go on to be successful elsewhere.

Without Kane, they’d struggle (DJ, Matt and Stevens are all problematic selections through no real fault of Flynn).

Spurs will struggle to compete because they have a penny pinching chairman.

As many people have said, I’d rather have a frugal Walsall than a bankrupt Bury. However, Rotherham are probably the blueprint and benchmark which we can judge ourselves against in the next 5 to 10 years.

3 Likes

I also got that feeling from Flynn when he talks.It was all there to build on.The fans travelled in excellent numbers and the home gates were up there’s no way anyone can blame the fans this time round.

4 Likes

Agree and I think they know that, the support over the past couple of years has been tremendous.

3 Likes

And some of the football under Smith before 2014/15 was turgid, tippy-tippy, no end-product rubbish. In some games we were lucky to have more than 3 shots. This was as bad to watch as Flynn’s hoofball. It was only when we became more direct and got the ball forward more quickly that we clicked and played some great football (Burton at home and Port Vale away spring to mind). The football under Nichol, when we had Wilson and Lightbourne and Scott Houghton was also very entertaining.

I think we need to move away from 3-5-2 - it’s not working. 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 would suit our current players more. What’s the point in playing the game if you don’t score goals?

1 Like

I had a ticket from the postponed game - I didn’t go - couldn’t be arsed! I could have predicted the score (at least the Walsall nil bit)!

Scoring in one of them would be a start!!

The 11 cup finals is a bit of a joke but I would like to see us break out of this rut and finish as high as possible.

If this goes on then I feel there will be no choice for the board to look at Flynn’s position.

It would also be nice to come out of a game in a better mood for a change.

There have been just a few moments of hope this season. I was buzzing after we beat Doncaster away, similar against Swindon although I didn’t go to that one. Stockport in the cup was great, especially the last 10 minutes. Feels a lifetime away now, I want more of those kinds of feelings. The brand of football isn’t great but if we could get the recruitment right I still feel Flynn can deliver.

3 Likes

Me and my wife didn’t go, couldnt be bothered to go with the thought of we may have a shot at goal if were lucky.

Neither did i go

Me.

The likes of Barrow, Stevenage, Sutton certainly are. I’d be interested to compare their budget, average home and away attendances with ours. There’s no getting away from the fact that we have signed some absolute dross this season: Abraham, Williams, DJT, Cashman, that guy from Norwich. I would say that our only decent signings have been Riley, DJ, Knowles and possibly Maddox and Hutchinson. The rest: meh. Player quality is the key determinant of success - a manager and decent tactics can only take you so far!

I thought Bennett and Dj were decent too…my guess is that the last 3 you mention were only signed as cover because of our injury crisis at the beginning of the season. To start a season with 3 new signings out with long term injuries is some sort of record I would suggest.

I forgot Bennett!!

So Riley, having made his first appearance in March after missing nearly 40 matches through injury is one of only 3 decent signings?

Hutchinson and Maddox only possible decent signings?

Completely agree.It would be nice to win more than we draw or lose from now until the end of the season which gives the fans some sort of hope that next season could be better under Flynn.We keep saying it I know but recruitment will again be massive and getting players that actually fit his system would go a long way to improving the performances on the pitch in my view as we don’t actually have “proper” wingbacks at the club and as me and I think @Thanatos have said before a really good number 8 to grab the game by the balls is needed.

I’m not sure treating games as a cup final is a good idea considering our performance in the JPT. :thinking::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Fortunately, we don’t play teams as good as Bristol City were now!

1 Like

Anyone is good enough for us at present

4 Likes

Tbh I’m just glad we don’t have to play barrow again this year. Teams like that are just to far above us it hurts

1 Like

Even in the nearly season under Smith we used to have nearly all the possession and get near the goal and go backwards again

2 Likes