D 1-1 vs Stevenage (H) - League Two - Sat 13th Aug, 3pm

Does anyone know what impact the rail strikes have tomorrow? is it reduced service or a total strike?

Edit: Looks a total strike according to trainline.com

Not even rail replacement buses :roll_eyes:

1 impact is I canā€™t go unfortunately. Barrow away will be my 1st match of season

1 Like

The ref (Charles Breakspear) didnā€™t hesitate to send a Millwall player off in the game he reffed against Cambridge in the League cup on Tuesday last week so hopefully we will have some protection against the Evans bully boys.

I see we have a referee even worse than Kettle at Barrow . Andy Haines !!!

It is always a bit of a pantomime when heā€™s on the touchline but Iā€™ve just watched the Steve Evans pre-match interview and he comes across as a really engaging, genuine guy. He has a lot of respect for Flynn too. Worth a watchā€¦

Engaging interviewer too, chalk and cheese with our standard set of questions.

3 Likes

For a convicted criminal and a notorious bellend he does come across well there.

1 Like

Lot of shit going on around J10 aswell.

Fortunately the bus Iā€™ll have to catch goes nowhere near J10 :grin:

Unfortunately it still means Iā€™ve gotta catch 2 buses to get to the ground :rage:

1 Like

Is the match on Ifollow

I would say so because i would think that Stevenage fans would have access to it, as we have access to our away games? and you can usually get it if you are abroad :wink:

1 Like

Having looked it up, itā€™s the Wolverhampton Road and Black Country Route that are affected, plus you canā€™t get off either nortj or south - so jn 9 and 7 will be busy.

Regarding the tempratures wouldnt it be nice if the kids and oldest could be given free water. Still feel we will win but Purley on fitness. Just hope mothe can cope due to being a big lad.

Crowd 5832. With 367 away fans

There will be free water for everyone available at the refilling stations.

Only one reading that.

As long as you donā€™t come armed with a bottle top :joy: :wink:

1 Like

At the Coventry game there were stewards handing out free water bottles, which was a lovely touch by the club. Would expect, or hope, for the same.

2 Likes

Say no more, say no more. Say no more - Purley, say no more. Purley, eh? Know what I mean, know what I mean. Say no more.

Is your wife a goer BTW ?

2 Likes