D 2-2 vs Barrow (H) - League Two - Sat 23rd Oct, 3pm

How many has he scored? I can only find 2?

Just to clarify I would never attend a game with covid, As I to am classed as vulnerable it was just my humour, so if anyone was distressed by previous comment accept my apologies.

Now getting back to football still think we could have a game where we can really attack Barrow still going for 5.0.

1 Like

That’s ok, you had only taken 1000 off the attendance :joy: :wink:

5 Likes

If someone knows they have Covid and still attends games, shame on them because they are putting other people at risk, it’s also very irresponsible thing to do!

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to this one and I think we will win it.
Unlike all previous games I’ve attended for the last 2 and a bit seasons, I do have some expectations now - small expectations, but expectations nevertheless…I hope I’m not disappointed.
It is, of course, a given that Josh will score and give away myriad fouls - as long as we score from the resultant set pieces we’ll be OK.

I see a 2-0 win here, to keep our run going with Miller (pen) and Wilkinson scoring in front of around 4,000-4,500.

Chuckster if we drop a thousand I will send a check to cover the cost to walsall fc.
P.s what’s a check lol

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if Josh scores from a header from a corner I mean he is an imposing 5ft 2in tall after all.

Gotta be a high scoring draw here I’ll go for 2-2.

Gordon’s gonna score ay he, probably give it the cupping of the ears to trigger some frothing off the mouth.

And with ears like his they’ll need some cupping …

2 Likes

He might not turn up if Will Mellor’s character catches up with him in Corry :joy:

1 Like

Reckon we should win, and even fancy the Oss for another goal. Barrow’s away support is not bad compared to their home gates and distance from civilisation. About 300 in a gate just scraping over 5000.
One of their full-backs is from Walsall, and was with us as a kid.

I always feel uncomfortable when I begin to feel confident. Must be years of disappointments.

Dare I say 2-0 win?
Same starting line up as against Oldham.

3 Likes

3-1.

Miller, Wilkinson 2.

I’m the same. Whenever I feel like we should win we never do

2 Likes

Already lumped on for a 4-2 win at 80-1, and also George to score twice at 15-1.
My betting site wouldn’t let me combine the 2 bets, or else I could have bought the freehold back by 4.50pm.

2 Likes

They all feel big but this one feels important.

It feels like we need to win to convert Tuesday night’s win. We’ve played really well in the last four to get ourselves right onto the coat tails of the pack in mid table whilst not actually moving a great deal. It is so tight ahead of us that a win today could see us move up three or four places.

And how many times have we got here and flopped?. Flickers of light and hope extinguished by an abomination of a performance and result.

I hope this side has the humility to know that Tuesdays result and goals count for nothing once today starts and the desire to overcome a team who are half decent and won’t give us anything for free.

4 Likes

Actually, in my opinion, this is the first time we’ve “been here” for me. The two seasons under Clarke/Dutton I was never fully convinced by the odd runs of results. We’d go on a run but I always looked at the team assembled and the disorganisation and the general feeling around the club and never thought “yeah, we’ve got a chance here”. I think Clarke knew too, look at his post matches after a win. He very very rarely said anything positive almost like trying to keep a lid on expectations or even having a pop at his own fans notably, after three wins on the bounce and a draw snatched from the jaws of victory because “I got criticised into not making any changes”.

To me, this is the first time I see a team where everybody knows their role, there’s a solid system in place, I don’t think the style of football is quite there yet but I think all in all the base is there to go on a run. We’re threadbare and that might change after a few injuries/suspensions, but there are concrete reasons to hope, and expect, some decent performances here. Something I haven’t felt for a very long time.

4 Likes

In the ‘runs’ under Clarke, particularly the one last Christmas, we just managed to outscore the opposition despite continuing to concede freely. Never a sustainable platform for a supposed the play-off challenge.

2 Likes

At the same stage last season we were on the same number of points as now, one place higher in the table. By the end of January (which this season will be the beginning of January in terms of the number of games played ie. 25) we had reached 35 points and 11th and were a whopping 14 points clear of relegation. And yet we still managed, due to key departures in January and a couple of injuries, to get ourselves into a relegation scrap.

As much as I’m loving the improvement and the feeling of optimism that comes from it, January to me just looms as a pivotal, potential nut-kicking. We need a minimum of play-off form between now and then to put us in a position were we should have enough in the tank to survive even a disastrous January window and/or have enough of a basis to progress with a pleasantly surprising one.

That’s as far as I’m looking ahead with our keeper, best defender, and top two goalscorers all on loan, and to me this up-coming January will be the defining month for Pomlett and co.
I sincerely, in fact desperately hope he gets all his decisions right and provides the resources for MT to nurture the current fragile green shoots, of which his own managerial career is one.

6 Likes