D 3-3 vs Newport County (H) - League Two - Sat 1st Jan - 3pm

That same back four did ok against Colchester. Where I do agree with you is about the play of both full backs. They were primarily to blame for the second and third goals.As for the first goal how could we leave Telford unmarked from that free kick. Whoever had that job didn’t do it however, as ever, I prefer to accentuate the positives.Fighting spirit even though were weren’t playing too well and being denied a number of penalties by an inadequate referee. Secondly a big improvement in the set piece delivery and thirdly the number of crosses we put into the box in the last 25 minutes.It was desperate defending rather than misses which prevented us winning.
I think the light at the end of the tunnel is getting slightly lighter!!!

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more Khans set pieces pee all over Osadebe and a clever move when trying to get someone to sign a new deal make him feel special take all the set pieces son.

2 Likes

One of my mates, who was watching on I follow, captured things perfectly

‘So Walsall!
Fat lad on the pitch clutching a carrier bag :grinning::grinning:

10 Likes

Was it me or did most of their team look like hefty Sunday morning footballers the keeper especially.

1 Like

Funniest song by the county fans -don’t send me home ,please don’t send me home-I want to stay here and drink all your beer……

Khan ,Wilkinson and Holden should see us top 7 -you never know

7 Likes

Agree with all of this.

Was thinking on the way to the ground, if Pomlett really thinks we are playoff contenders and should be 6-7 points better off, then today was the day to lay a marker in the sand. Granted the Xmas schedule has been severely disjointed, but coming off the back of the Colchester result, we should have been looking to break the monkey of successive wins and usher in 2022 with some sense of hope and momentum.

Newport, a team that has been up there in the division over the last few years, is who we need to be competing against. Like others have said, for large swathes of the game the performance was a shambles.

Happy that we snatched a point from the jaws of defeat, you bet. Cross another game off the fixture list on our path to mid table, most definitely.

1 Like

The knee slide from one of the lads that came on the pitch was brilliant.

2 Likes

Yeah, but Colchester were dire, almost as bad as Mansfield. I didn’t realise that Miller has only scored in 4 of his 23 appearances, he’s not the answer up front.

Typical 21st century pitch invasion, all the kids had their phones out recording it for snapgram and instachat.

1 Like

They were but so are most of the teams in this League.

3 Likes

Not sure if your seeing the master plan here.
It’s obvious that George has been instructed not to score so that we sign him on a free.

Seriously though. If we did get him on a long term deal I think he would be a brilliant signing. Reckon as soon as he gets a goal many more will follow.

He was standing by us most the game :joy: how he got over there I have no idea! Kinsella grabbing the person in the pink top pure joy to see.

1 Like

12 corners again today we don’t half get some corners in matches.

Hmm, I’m not so sure.

I was critical first half but I’m not sure how you can come away from that game thinking we didn’t deserve to win.

Should have had a pen, possibly two. We had so many chances at the end I honestly don’t know how we didn’t score just from will. The last touch of the ball was a shot on target.

I’m not sure it’s a far fetched thing for him to suggest we deserves to win the game.

7 Likes

On the balance of the entire game… a draw was fair enough.

4 Likes

Agreed, what was pleasing was that we never gave up. Something that has been all too common for the last 3 or 4 seasons.

Did you go to the right ground ? Defensively we were poor but overall we played well. And deserved all 3 points.

1 Like

Wouldn’t disagree, but I certainly wouldn’t argue with someone saying we deserved to win either. It’s not an unfair suggestion from what I saw.