Dan Scarr signs

from Blues - 2.5 year deal. Centre Back, has been on loan at Wycombe. 24 years old.

Superlative timing.

Another pleasing chess move for Jeff Bonser.

2 Likes

What timing that is!!

And another fee - is that now our 4th fee paid this season??

Who??

Interesting signing this , made a name for himself in the FA Cup whilst playing non league.

Interesting to see if he can step up to the level.

Eligible for the Plymouth game, subject to the necessary clearance. Looks good …

Another 2.5 year deal !!

Could be right up our street - a 6ft 2in centre-back who says he will put himself about a bit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds like another good signing to be fair and a good age as well :+1:t2:

Pleased with this (I think).

Good signing on paper. Have to say, the majority of the signings DK has made I’m impressed with and think he has a real eye for a player

Think when we move out the dead wood in the summer and if we can keep Cook, I think he’ll build a competitive team

4 Likes

He probably hasn’t seen some of the mingers in Walsall yet.

8 Likes

Pleased with this. DK states he identified him in the summer and was told he wasn’t available. Another identified target signed. UTS

4 Likes

Blues fans speaking very well of him. Could be a good addition. Know a Stourbridge supporter so will ask what he’s like. Positive vibes though.

I think his hit rate is very good considering the constraints. Even with back up players, which I think is seriously underrated by some Walsall fans. We almost have two players for every position now. Something we never had under Whitney.

Roberts/Dunn

Norman/Devlin
Scarr/Johnson
Guthrie/???
Leahy/Laird

Zeli/Morris
Dobson/Osbourne
Edwards/Kinsella
Jarvis/Kouyar

Cook/Gordon
Ferrier/Mussa/Candlin

Would I have massive amounts of confidence in certain players on that list? No but at least we have bases covered. At times last season we were one injury away from total disaster. I think he’s juggled the budget to squad depth ratio very well.

4 Likes

Stourbridge cup hero.

Didn’t play much for Wycombe at league 2 level though. Was more a sub for them.

Agreed. Especially with a large chunk of the budget already being tied up by players who were still under contract when he arrived, which is why I believe when he has the full budget to work with he’s capable of building a solid L1 team - here’s hoping anyway

Looks like he could at the very least worry the other defenders into putting in a shift,and maybe he could turn out to be another Graham Forbes…never understand how no one else spotted Forbes before Tom Coakley brought him in.

2 Likes

Who says the threat of fan unrest and protests never works? :wink:

1 Like

And the wheel keeps turning . . . . . .

Spoke to my mate who’s a Wycombe fan. Said scar just likes to hoof it and wouldn’t want him back there. Hope he does well for us considering length of contract

Perfect, we really lack someone to get the ball out of our box sometimes.