Dan Scarr to leave

Better.

He’ll go and win promotion now and be voted player of the season! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I know you’re joking, but even that wouldn’t mean letting go was wrong. We placed a value on him, Plymouth placed a bigger value. That’s how it goes. You can’t base a recruitment policy on ," How would it look if , with hindsight…?"

1 Like

D’you know, I think we could be a little kinder to a player who, a lot of posters acknowledge, generally put in a shift and did his best, despite his shortcomings. And, for God’s sake, he appears to be bettering himself!

12 Likes

That is probably true in this instance (and many if not most others) but it isn’t always the case when a player decides to move to another team. When Julian Joachim left us to go to Boston I believe it was due to family circumstances and travelling rather than the money on offer from either club that was the main factor in his decision.

Bad example. Boston bled cash at that stage trying to better themselves.

Weren’t there prosecutions?

They were but I recall it being said at the time that we were prepared to match what Boston offered him and it wasn’t just the money that was the deciding factor.

How about Andy Butler moving back to his roots oop north?

Some on here would never let any player go just in case he was half decent elsewhere.

1 Like

Or give a hundred percent apparently. 100% every time. Love a good 100% footballer me.

1 Like

We should only buy players who are prepared to give at least 110%.

1 Like

Good luck to him, seen worse in the team.

Taking the positive its less wriggle room for Los Pomletto & the Three Amigos to blame previous managers for

1 Like

That’s too low. What if the opposition has players who give 120%?
I think we should set a minimum requirement of 150%, anything less than that should be regarded as unacceptable.

3 Likes

Steve Evans time wasn’t it…and he actually got found guilty of some dodgy dealings IIRC…

With Scarr clubs higher up take punts on players all the time who may be underwhelming…sometimes it comes off like with Andy Rammell of course and many others in Graydon era, most often it dosen’t.

I can remember Darryl Westlake doing o.k but not looking anything special and then Sheffield United picked him up. 18 games for them, then SPL and faded into obscurity.

Nice message from him tbf. Won’t be missed, but wish him all the best.

3 Likes

On reflection, 150% is probably the minimum expectation.
Coupled with an ability to spell Saddlers. Sadlers ffs!

2 Likes

It was a nod to Mat Sadler’s family actually

5 Likes

You are absolutely right SWS1 .

With me it always feels like they’ve stabbed you in the back , when a player leaves to go to another team , well it’s like desertion…unless they really are crap and despised .

My Plymouth supporting mate said they have needed centre backs all last season and Lowe signed some awful players in those position and then asked me what I thought of scarr :joy::joy: he wasn’t amused or surprised when I told him my opinion. I wouldn’t read much into Plymouth wanting him to justify him being capable of performing in the football league. Nothing he did last season convinces me he’ll turn into a quality defender elsewhere. He makes error after error and forces other defenders out of position to cover his cockups. I’m absolutely over the moon he’s gone. Now let’s bring someone in who can kick a ball

6 Likes

James Wilson is a decent pick up for them tbf, he did fine on loan here for a few months so would expect Scarr to be back up to him for first few months.