Danny Johnson signs

6 month loan, happy with that

3 Likes

Wish it was permanent. If he does well he will probably be off

8 Likes

Good signingā€¦ For six monthsā€¦

Would have preferred it to be a permanent, but either way, it is good.

Iā€™m satisfied/content. Not jumping through hoops but itā€™s OK.

I was worried weā€™d panic and pay Mansfield over the odds and stick him on a ridiculous wage for a ridiculous length of time (Mākris anyone?). This is at the polar extreme of that. Weā€™ve undoubtedly paid a ā€œloan feeā€ but at least havenā€™t bet the house on somebody whoā€™s professional career has so far been patchy.

Sign Timmy and I think thatā€™s us done.

HMS 12th in the 4th division incoming! :crazy_face::crazy_face:

6 Likes

ā€œIā€™m a poacher, stick me in and around the box, give me the ball and I back myself to put the ball in the back of the net"

Exactly what we needed

5 Likes

Amidst the hysteria on various pages and Facebook posts, nobody has stopped to consider the possibility that, as well as wages being a factor in this loan, it may also be at the playerā€™s wish. From his point of view, heā€™s joining a team who finished close to bottom of the football league last year. This gives him 6 months to see how he fits, how well the team does and, ultimately, whether he wants to stay or whether heā€™s played himself into a more lucrative move. Either way, itā€™s win-win. If he doesnā€™t perform, he goes back. If he does, weā€™ll be up in the reckoning come January and, as we approach that transfer window, weā€™ll be in a good place to potentially sign him or, otherwise, attract a higher calibre of striker who wants to be part of a promotion push.

4 Likes

Canā€™t the Mods do something about this kind of post?
I was hoping to see a photo of a sign with ā€œJohnsonā€ on it. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered itā€™s just another pointless thread about a player weā€™ve apparently signed.
Mods - sort it!

39 Likes

The only conclusion to this is we are ā€˜trying before we buyā€™ and an agreed price in January. And Also DJ is giving us the once over.

I did tell you heā€™d signed a couple of days back

Whatā€™s your next revelation mystic phil

He looks like the guy from Homeland - I hope heā€™s not a sleeper, deliberately sabotaging our play-off hopes so Mansfield can get promoted!

1 Like

Depends if he gets his prayer mat out and prays to Mecca.

4 days ago:

I think weā€™ll sign Abraham and a striker on loan

Do you think heā€™s a bingo addict then? :joy:

1 Like

Thatā€™ll do why only six months? Whatā€™s the thought process behind such a short deal? Iā€™m guessing the blokes whoā€™ve we let go out on loan for 6 months have funded it maybe?

Hopefully Wilkinson back in 3/4 months then look at it again ,

2 Likes

Pleasing. I think Flynn will sign one more striker plus Abraham. Abraham is the wide option. Letā€™s face it based on his goals record he isnā€™t a very good striker

Iā€™m happy, but ā€¦ not permanent. It can cause some complications.

Iā€™ve kept out of the debate (is that the correct word for what was going on???) on player salaries, but whatā€™s the point of paying Rolls Royce level prices for what is ostensibly a Ford Mondeo that actually turns out to be a clapped out Fiat Panda? And to do that on a 2-3 year contract that you canā€™t get out of (nor have any hope of selling on to try and recoup your losses) before youā€™ve even driven it?

6 months splitting the bill with Mansfield? No brainer really. If he turns out to be worth it, bite the bullet and pay the asking price (haggling for a better deal first if you can of course). Turns out to be a donkey - off you go back mate. And fingers crossed that by then we have Wilkinson & co back and have a better understanding of whether we need to keep him and what price heā€™s really worth.

16 Likes