Danny Johnson signs

Stop talking sense .

8 Likes

I can see both sides of the argument, but the clincher for me isā€¦if heā€™s a success and we do well (say top 6/7 by Christmas), then we are almost certainly back to square 1.

Once again, taking half season loans from a fellow league 2 team doesnā€™t seem to suggest a step-change in our approach to transfer business.

1 Like

I see Flynn has thanked Trivela, Pomlett, Clough et al. I donā€™t remember previous managers thanking Bonser etc. Is it a new thing?

4 Likes

Probably told to after the meet the directors when the board said there giving him extra as they asked for it.
You want to sign a striker on loan not wanted by Mansfield? You better praise us!!

2 Likes

I agree. Although Iā€™m pleased itā€™s not showing any ambition really on Trivelas part is it?. Depends what they do next. If they were to bring in say Josh March plus Abraham that would be excellent.

1 Like

FFS mate even Iā€™m getting fed up of u now

4 Likes

Itā€™s a better standard of loan than weā€™re used to, lets be honest about that.

5 Likes

At least we have ā€˜heardā€™ of him! Plenty of no-mark Championship reserves still to come through the doors though!

Happy with this. If Wilko can get back to fitness a bit earlier than expected then we have a like for like replacement quality wise if he fuuuukes off elsewhere. If he stays then that should be some forward line going into the second half of the season.

Well heā€™s just demonstrated why we brought him in. Fox in the box.
If he scores tap ins from now to Christmas I will be delighted.

9 Likes

Happy with the signing. However if he scores a fair few for us during his loan spell and impresses he is gone in 6 months.

But of he has done well and we have a decent league position he might fancy a go at a promotionā€¦

2 Likes

Glad its done, it was like L2s worst kept secret, but, it puts us in a tough place come Jan, but like another poster said, why pay rolls royce prices for a fiat pandaā€¦ lets see what he does first. TBH Mansfield owe us one for taking Mayo off their books so may give us a good price. Ha.

1 Like

Maybe there are some clauses in this loan agreement, who knows. It looks like next Summer he will be a free player, so everything is possible.

Hopefully there is but it is Walsall

I just dont understand this.
Why is he on loan ? We were told substantial bids had been placed for strikers. We end up with a 6 month loan from Mansfield.
If MF rated him then he should of done it on a permanent basis with Trivela backing ?

1 Like

No doubt that will be explored further on Monday

Happy he has signed and scoring on his debut is encouraging.

Thinking about the deal itself, maybe everyone wanted it to be 6 months. I doubt very much he was even in Flynnā€™s possible top 3 targets, due to how long it has taken to get him in. I doubt he was the one we had a bid rejected for or who we were speaking two a fortnight ago. I may be wrong, but I just canā€™t see it.

Having him in for 6 months keeps him hungry to prove himself to secure a permanent move either here or elsewhere.

5 Likes

Welcome to Walsall, Danny.

3 Likes