Darrell Clarke confirmed as manager

3 Likes

:man_shrugging: Doesn’t really matter. I’ll care when they actually invest in this club.

Good luck Darrell!

A good appointment. Hopefully the start of a new era.

2 Likes

On a three year deal… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Welcome and good luck Darrell. Let’s hope you are given the budget needed to be a success for us. UTS

1 Like

Happy enough. Young and ambitious but most importantly, has 400+ games under his belt.

4 Likes

Positive appointment, meets the criteria of what we need. Has been promoted from this division in the past on a low budget. Young and motivated but not a complete managerial novice. Spoke well of the game when he was on the Quest highlights show last weekend.

2 Likes

Best of luck to him. He’ll need it.

3 Likes

Has the highest coaching badge possible apparently. Fantastic.

6 Likes

These guys still miss him, lots of respect.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14419/darrell-clarke-appointed-walsall-manager

1 Like

Really pleased at least not a Mullen appointment lol let’s see who he keeps out of the old players surpose John ward will tell him who’s good or not

This looks like a really positive appointment when you consider the state of the club currently.

When he took over Bristol Rovers he released 16 players and signed 13 players on free transfers. This will be similar to what is required this summer.
He also has the FA’s highest coaching qualification (FA Level 5 UEFA Pro). This is far superior to what Whitney/Keates or any of the previous coaching staff have held.

Whether he was 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice is now irrelevant. Give the guy a chance to succeed and lets see what happens. This is a massive summer for the club and we now have the first and most important piece of the jigsaw in place.

13 Likes

Pleased with the appointment, as I said on another thread, he has got experience which the last 2 appointments lacked, but I don’t think @MoreWFCVicar will be very pleased, unless Holloway is appointed his number 2 :grin::wink:

1 Like

I’ll give you thirty quid for one Clarkey Cat.

Happy with this, he gets my support.

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1::+1:
Feeling good about this. Much more positive than with Whitney or Keates.

2 Likes

Very happy with this, hope he gets the backing he needs

1 Like

I suppose Holloway was always a pipe dream but I am happy enough with Clarke. He ticks many of the right boxes:
:ballot_box_with_check: Previous league 2 success
:ballot_box_with_check: Work with a tight budget
:ballot_box_with_check: Attacking football style
:ballot_box_with_check: Name can be misspelt a dozen different ways.

Good start but this needs to be accompanied by a sea change in the clubs attitudes to fan engagement and the football side of the set up so we can begin the long road back to being the tier 3 club we once were.

7 Likes

Very Good appointment :+1::+1: Welcome Darrell and Good luck.

Now we’ve got a skilled Tradesman lets give him some TOOLS to Succeed Jeff & Co !!!

8 Likes

I dared to dream for a day chunk all in vain, but you can only welcome Darrell and hope he delivers, but another 3 year contract ?.

1 Like