Darrell Clarke

Nail on the head mate, he Won’t move us forward without an injection of cash… So I’m Guessing the transfer window tipped him over the edge m.

2 Likes

Pretty much my take.

Great appointment on paper but some matches are not made to work.

1 Like

3 Likes

It hasn’t worked. End of.

Too interested in nulling the opposition rather than setting us up to cause others problems.

Was excited by his appointment but have been bored silly ever since.

4 Likes

bidefordgas
Gas

bidefordgas Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level 3 minutes ago via mobile

Post Options

Post by bidefordgas on 3 minutes ago

Most people on here know I always post as honestly and sincerely as I can.
Last Friday I was contacted on my mobile by a Gashead who I have not spoken to since last season. It was in relation to a post I made concerning our board.
Anyway I will cut to the chase and during the conversation about our Manager search he told me that DC had expressed an interest in coming back to the Gas. He had fallen out with his Chairman over losing his best two players in the transfer window and could not see a way forward with what he was left with.
Make of that what you will but this individual has the ear of a lot of people in football and I don’t doubt what he was saying.

6 Likes

Good point. You love DC though, too late to deny it now.

1 Like

Done us a massive favour if he had , no compensation , win win

3 Likes

I’d be sad - I wanted it to work.

I am very concerned though. Something isn’t right.

3 Likes

He had long enough to make a tangible difference and didn’t , new. appointments. are always a risk, unfortunately it just hasn’t happened ,
Could free a lot of cash up though if he takes his posse with him

2 Likes

Birmingham maybe

Heard from a few Rovers mates he’s going / gone back there. We will see

2 Likes

Agreed, the “takeover” that involved a bit of deckchair shuffling.
No fresh ideas, no new money or personnel on the board, and no change in the Bonser situation.

4 Likes

Cue the members of uts who claim to be in the know, say they have heard about clarke leaving for some time, but just couldn’t say anything :thinking:

6 Likes

The lack of an underpinning style or philosophy is my major gripe. He made us hard to beat, I’ll give him that, but also very, very tough to watch

1 Like

He did yes, but let’s be honest he’s had to work with peanuts!

And I’m no huge fan, the club is clearly on its arse.

1 Like

Llera-o’clock!

He’s worth a shot. At least we will see Perry and Willis :joy:

3 Likes

Very concerning - the more I think about it, the more reason to worry.

Conjecture but it screams to me like he’s been told the budget isn’t there for next season and he’s decided he’s off.

He’s certainly been talking in the press recently about looking forward to seeing players develop etc - this seems like something has happened in the last few days.

If… it’s true :grin:

I think it will suit us if he goes. There is no discernible style and some of the football we have seen has been awful. I am not one of these who constantly call for Managers to go but if he leaves for another job I wish him well and hope that LP can find us someone better.

1 Like