Darrell Clarke

You could tell Leigh was happy at the start of the video knowing he’d got rid of big head and actually got compensation at the same time. :rofl:

5 Likes

Yeh like alot of things in life, things can “fit” and timing is everything.

It’s sad to look at DC in all seriousness, he’s just an embarrassment. Needs to be taken to one side, made to read and watch his comments- and stick the bingo ball tombola and his two hats on EBAY.

3 Likes

In all fairness he’s just landed a 3.5 year contract and potentially a pay rise. My guess is he couldn’t care less.

He can’t fail though otherwise it will be off back to Weymouth or someone in non league. He’s already guarenteed he’s getting Vale up so big pressure to heap on himself considering some of the teams that will be in this league next season.

Fair enough if he’d gone to Salford as that’s an inevitable promotion one day but I really don’t think Vale had that much more going for them so he’s going to have to manage the whole club far better than he did here.

I have signed some duck eggs in my time lol dont think Ihave heard that before from him lol whats that make the rubbish we have here

Eggbound…

Surely he must have SOME pride?

He left us a few points of the playoffs , with 2 of his players being sold for 300k. From the outside it doesn’t look all that shocking.

2 Likes

Yep. Hardly on a PL salary too. He might have a long contract but he will struggle for another one if he ■■■■■ this up like he did us.

Still, couldn’t care less if he does or not :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Probably but I bet he’s knocking 100k a year, not exactly losing is he.

Nobody in professional football is, but I’m sure he’d like to earn that going forward. My point is, he won’t if he fails with Vale like he did with us.

That’s before you consider pride and having any ambition as a sportsman

1 Like

My point is he’s dropped a 350k contract for being ■■■■ and he knows it.

That’s why he’s winning, he will be sacked after 18 months.

1 Like

If he fails at Vale I’d be struggling to see any takers to be honest mate.This could be a make or a very long break from football management moment in Darrells managerial career.I’d be surprised if he’s managing higher than the national league next time round if he’s a failure at the Fail.

3 Likes

I don’t think a man with the ego of Darrell Clarke see that as winning but fair enough.

1 Like

Could we drop the Quits ? in this thread title. I keep reading it and thinking Wow.

It’s refreshing to start with them repetitive then boring then you want to clock him one but I’m sure you’ll all find out in 18 months time when your still mid table in league two.

5 Likes

He doesn’t seem to realise that every ’ no- nonsense ’ quote he gives is a get-out clause in the making.

Or he does realise and is very clever at it.

I see there’s a young lad who’s been interviewing him, he will become the new Liam :frowning:

I meant the writer,not Clarke.

2 Likes