DC's transfer policy!

I agree and im baffled by this too. Looked a little spark when we saw him at first then nothing. SAme goes for Jules tbh. play someone out of position because Jules is out of favour atm. I Dont get it all, Im no where near impressed with the football we play or the results, But give him january and see what idea’s he has. Just hope better idea’s then the first lot he had

1 Like

DC’s latest comments on contract negotiations with Wes. That’s him gone then.

"We’ll see how we go on those and the fans will be the first to hear about it in the January window.

"One or two players that are on short term contracts all of a sudden want to be millionaires overnight.

“We have to make sure that we’re a football club that do things sensibly.”

I was even more interested in our not at all trumpet blower’s comments in regards to his monumental scouting network.

“My contacts book is massive,” he added.

"I have access to a lot of clubs, a contacts book built up over a period of time.

“There’s no football club that I can’t get in to see what’s happening at that club and the available players.”

Err, that’s one possible poor recruitment excuse you’ve just ruined for yourself, then DC.

Cool, no excuses then. If he has access to every club in the land and a massive database then putting together a side that is much better than the dross I saw on Saturday should be no problem at all! Look forward to it.

Wes is gone. But replacing him should be no problem if Darrell isn’t full of it!

2 Likes

I think his ego exceeds his talent, many times over.

2 Likes

If you think about it, losing Wes might be a blessing in disguise and we shouldn’t replace him. DC has always had a problem fitting him into the team - probably our most creative and productive player so far but he’s the only decent winger we have so the team is unbalanced with him in it and he keeps having to play Holden out on the right where he is a fish out of water. Without him we can go back to wingback/wingless wonders systems and DC has one less headache. Simples!

Surely he knows what we need and should ideally have them lined up and ready to sign for the 1st of January, he has had since september to assess and get players in

Yeah only because he didn’t sign another winger for the other side in the first place!

But like I say, with his massive contacts book shouldn’t be a problem to replace him and get somebody for the other side! Can’t wait. Don’t see the benefit of playing with no width or wingers in the side. You’ve just said it yourself:

Leaving it to the wing backs doesn’t sound that “simples!” to me.

Think you may not have picked up the “tongue in cheek”-ness of my comments.

1 Like

Ha my apologises :pray:

Now that it appears that we are stuck with the brilliant Clarke (in his eyes only!) for the foreseeable future, I can’t wait to see what crud he attempts to bring along in January. Boy, are we in for a long hard season or what…

The football has been poor so far under Clarke’s reign and I am as dissatisfied as most others . But we do have to remember he has had only had one transfer window to assemble a team . Hopefully he is able to get a few decent players in and move a few out in January and we will see improvement in our play for the remainder of the season.
It is a poor league and a few decent signings could make all the difference. Just think he should be cut a bit of slack myself.

5 Likes

Agreed. All of a sudden because he’s basically said he has a lot of contacts people are saying he’ll easily strengthen us in the summer.

It still all boils down to money regardless of your contacts, and so the players with the most glowing opinions from your contacts will probably move elsewhere and you’ll have to go for the players with the slightly less glowing opinion from your contacts. Simple really.

I’m sure everyone knew this was going to be a huge rebuild that would take 2/3 years to sort out. That was until Pomlett bought the club and it seems only the rational fans amongst us are still seeing as this. The rest seem to have this strange idea that Pomlett can fix all of our problems within a season or less.

8 Likes

Put me in that category At the start of the season the vibes the club put out made me feel we had a real chance of building good things ahead. DC said he had a good squad, LP called us too back with ST too help us push where we want too be. 6 month on i see a ■■■■ team that still looks like its brand new and never trained and off the pitch i aint saw much change…Rome wasnt built in a day i know but they deffo placed a few layers of blocks…i cant see many blocks been put down for us tho…I look forward too JAnuary with the new players the fans meeting and salford… But we seriously need too start making more of big chances in this club future because all this “its ok” “it will get better” is simply getting boring and all these people not coming too games have already thought that and gave up!

3 Likes

Agree. But when look back at the released list back in May it makes the decision to release players like Morris and Edwards even more ludicrous. Even Osbourne could have done a job for us in this division. I know that Kieron did have his faults but at least he would chip in with goals every now and then. I think that Kieron and Wes would have been a very good combination for us this season, that probably most sides in this league would have struggled to match.

1 Like

Morris didn’t want to be here. Edwards, probably his best years were behind him but I wouldn’t have complained about it.

1 Like

So the players he’s moving out in January are the ones he brought in in the summer?

I’m not sure why that gives anyone any shred of confidence :confused:

1 Like

The way I see it, Clarke needed this season to create a spine of a team. Would we say he has it, very nearly.

We have had some good signings on paper - Liddle (on PAPER) Sinclair and Clarke who I don’t think have lived up to the expectations set when they signed.

We have taken some punts on young players - Adebayo etc

He has had to throw some ■■■■ and hope that it sticks, some has… a lot hasn’t.

6 Likes

Further to this continuity is a big thing in Football, some of these players that aren’t performing now will pick levels up the more they play together and the more settled the squad is. Making big changes every window is usually a recipe for disaster and very rarely does large wholesale changes bring instant success. He still has work to do with getting the squad needed but players like Adebayo in my opinion have every chance to come good once the spine has been together for a while and tweaks have been made.

1 Like

I dis agree fully with that but thats me

I dont see much in that team inspires me too think it could do well…

Each week is and has been the same… (bar the odd good game where other teams have been worse than us) proper ■■■■ football. hoof up and hope for the best. Corner and stuff with no out man is crazy, Zonal marking in ■■■■ poor at best. We set up too defend for our lives and never really create much or even put much of a decent string of passes together. Its been so poor this season possibly some of the worst football ive ever seen in my 14 years as a fan…And if people think that is ok then by golly we are in massive ■■■■…Hes ■■■■■■ up massive, agreed hes took plenty chances on players etc but hes ■■■■■■ it…Gunna take more than January too put it right when then puts us a season futher down LP regin where we have been bottom half of league 2 with ■■■■ performances why would people come next season? The buzz at the the start of the season is the only reason we have so many ST, will they renew after this season? This isnt a re build yet its a full time collapse of everything related while some kind of plain is under way too actaully rebuild this club…Needs too put in too action faster before we slip even deeper into our “hole”

1 Like