Deadline day transfer suggestions

In an attempt to move away from the current transfer thread (which bears little resemblance to the topic itself) I’d like to put a name out there…

Talking with an Albion fan last night about Sam Field and Leko. He told me that they’d already gone to Charlton on loan. Having also signed Oztumer, I had a look at some of the players out of the picture.

Centre midfielder Forster-Caskey (25) would be worth a call. 7 goals in 50 odd appearances and has good league one experience. Just coming back from an injury so would be good for both parties for him to play some games until January.

Any other names in the mix? I know a winger has been mentioned but we need a George Evans type player to make late lung busting runs to burst into the box in my view.

1 Like

Lloyd dyer, Jamie Ward and will
Buckley.

1 Like

Timi elsnik. Had two good loans at Swindon from derby so fits dc’s bill.

How about getting Andy Cook in from Mansfield. Apparently he can play as a target man or non target man, can hold the ball up to bring others into play or can be an out and out goal scorer who does not assist others.
He is also known to take umbrage if abused by fans, even when the fans are not actually abusing him, to the point where he will leave to earn money at a bigger club in the same league.

Sounds like a DC player or may not be.

:smile:

4 Likes

Gary Hooper

don’t start the other thread bad enouth

2 Likes

wHy ArE wE nOt LoOkIn At DaNnY rOwE fRoM fYlDe He HaS lIkE 368 gOaLs In 1 SeAsOn kEnTs oOt

5 Likes

Lloyd Dyer would be a great realistic signing and I’d try for Harry Bunn formerly of Bury. I think Gary Hooper is unrealistic. It will be interesting who’s been training with Bolton. Could be some fairly decent free agents

1 Like

Hooper has bills to pay and seems to be unable to find anyone to pay them, thats why we are a much more attractive proposition than we were just 1 month ago

I mentioned it in the other thread, George Cooper from Peterborough. He’s available on a Loan.

I saw you mentioned him before so ‘YouTubed’ him … looks decent & as you say he’s got a decent goal record (some free kicks) at this level!

Hallam Hope 14 goals last season and still young.

And 9 assists, so he scores and contributes to others. I’d be more than happy to sign him.

He’s been suffering with a back injury since the end of last season,but has made 1 start (subbed off after 67 mins) and a couple of substitute appearances. He wants to play at a higher level but Carlisle are playing hardball over any transfer fee:
https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/football/carlisle-united/17857571.carlisle-utd-turned-fresh-bid-hallam-hope-steven-pressley-confirms/

They must have learned this tactic from us :rofl:

1 Like

Hard to see the attraction for him, of moving to us tbh.

If I was DC I would cherry pick a couple of those Bury players, surely Lavery can tap a couple up :wink:

2 Likes

No news then ?

Gotta be honest. Losing faith in Clarke’s transfer dealings. He certainly goes for quantity not quality. He’s signed so many players I don’t think he knows what his best 11 are. At home Saturday Hardy and Wes McDonald have to start. I think Wes McDonald has looked really lively in his cameos and looks a really decent player. Anyone else think so.

Pomlett about time you showed some action and released some proper cash from our transfer dealings. Also stop talking balls that Clarke always get the signings he wants. We all know this isn’t true with Clarke himself saying we often get our 4th and 5th choice

2 Likes

Agree with all of the above as for Wes McDonald looks extremely lively whether the lack of lively players at present makes him shine more is another question but yes agreed