Defensive ace Rollin Menayese loving life with Walsall

I have a feeling Miller may go back with his parent club struggling for goals.

Menayese has signed permanently.

11 Likes

Good news in my view. Glad its until 2024 as well. I think that he has scope for improvement and clearly has a good relationship with the Manager.

3 Likes

Absolutely brilliant (and means we can bring in another loan). So comfortable on the ball, strong, and looked our best defender by miles so far.

People are quick to talk about fans hounding players out of the club, but I genuinely believe the fans deserve credit for enticing this one. He’s talked at length about finally feeling the love from a crowd and that he feels at home.

Great work.

11 Likes

Pleased with that bit of business. Formed a good partnership with Monthe.

Errm … check your sources!! :wink:

2 Likes

Excellent news!!

Solid move, has been a steady player on loan, hoping he builds from here with us.

1 Like

Pleased to see this happen. Good business.

Good work. Really important.

He can play against Mansfield now which is also good.

Good work by the club.

Would love to know what the fee is. Would guess around £50k but whatever, this is a good start to the window.

5 Likes

I think that is about right…might even be less as his contract was due to expire at the end of the season.

Seems a really nice lad too Derby not sure if you heard his interview the other month but he speaks extremely well refreshing to see with young men being how they are these days.

Excellent news Khan next then a striker to play instead of or with Miller

1 Like

Till 2024. Quite a lengthy contract these days.

Can see us also maybe signing Miller, or sending Phillips back, then bringing 2 more loanees in.

Yeah I got a sense of that, he’s a good age to develop at Walsall and it’s great he seems really happy here.

Excellent the club have wrapped up this signing so early.

Just hope that’s not it for this month’s activities regarding signings but good first step.

Might be greedy but a left back would be nice too.

I just don’t think Ward has cut it at all this season. A real disappointment.

I’m not usually a fan of complicating things too much at the level we now play but maybe as a plan B formation, Khan would make an excellent wing back. Like the role Rico plays now for Brentford (which as unpopular as this might be, tends to support O’Driscoll’s view that Rico wasn’t naturally an orthodox left back).

As somebody pointed out on Saturday, Taylor played as part of a three at Aberdeen so might look better if we occasionally played that way. White or Kiernan marauding down the other flank gives us a myriad of viable options down the middle of the pitch. Not least an option that keeps Wilkinson central enough to be the take rather than creator of chances. Anyone watching us warm up will attest to the fact he is by far and away our most accomplished finisher.

But back on topic, if we are to stick with a back four then we need an option at left back.

4 Likes

There’s only one thing I want to know How delighted is he? :yawning_face::wink:

4 Likes

Great news. I think I said on the George Miller thread that we needed to make Menayese a priority. Nice bit of news, hopefully Kahn will be next.