Devante Rodney joins Rochdale

I think you might of added an extra 0 by mistake

1 Like

Extra two 0ā€™s :smile:

I know, it was a ridiculous amount we paid. A desperation signing by Fullarton who obviously conned Pomlett into believing he was a good signing.

This made me laugh on the rochdale fans site

Devante Rodney signs on 17:49 - Jun 15 by oddjob007
Not sure about his football abilities, but a mate of mine used to live in the same apartment block as him in Manchester and would see him with a different girl every week. Described his apartment as a ā€œknocking shopā€

#topsha99er

7 Likes

Eh? We paid 100 grand for him? Really??

As difficult and as hard as it is to believe apparently we were conned out of Ā£100k

1 Like

Desperation signing! Joke. Glad hes off the books

1 Like

Definitely something off with that signing, back hander for someone

Uncorroborated version i heard was his signing was something to do with Vales compensation payment to us for taking Clarke.

3 Likes

This transfer simply illustrates the levels to which the club had sunk. A soap opera saga

1 Like

Wow club getting ruthless here.

Imagine Flynn quickly decided he wasnā€™t for him and club been offering him around other league 2 clubs and Rochdale took up his contract.

Did very little in his run of games last year so two more strikers needed.

Hopefully Williams is just the experienced targetman plan B option and more proven and younger strikers come in now.

Fair play to the lad :laughing:

I wonder which player, who actually played for us and cost a fee, stayed with us for the shortest time? We had Ken Armstrong, who cost a fortune but he never played.

Rodney was 4 and a half months.

ā€¦and then we go and sign a 40 year old. Can never get it quite right, can we?

3 Likes

We signed Julian Marshall in 1982, he was one of the Ashton Gate Eight, and he played about ten games by which time it was obvious he was useless and we replaced him with the 17 year old Lee Sinnott, who was a massive improvement. When exactly he moved on I canā€™t remember.

Bica might be the answer to your question. I donā€™t know if we paid a fee for the waste of space but he was on big wages. Came on as sub in a first team game and then was unbelievably bad when I saw him in two reserve games and that was the end of his time at WFC. Last heard of playing for Deportivo Wanka.

At least he can score in some aspects of his life.

2 Likes

I donā€™t believe for one moment we paid 100 grand for Rodney.
He showed absolutely nothing during his time here, a good move by the club to ship him out.

2 Likes

It was Ā£75,000

Hmmmmn. Yes Trivela do seem pretty ruthless. Iā€™m trying not to be negative. But they theyā€™ve sold 2 players for fees. Cash in the bank. Replacing with journeymen and players I donā€™t think anyone was expecting us to sign

1 Like