Devante Rodney signs from Port Vale

At last something to cheer up the supporters.

3 Likes

So can he play tomorrow or is he too late?

Picture in the E&S suggests the deal was done earlier in the day or even another day for all we know , so possibly

Unavailable for tomorrowā€™s game.

Be brilliant if weā€™ve used Clarkes compensation money to buy him ā€¦

2 Likes

Highlights are just that but he does seem very quick and strong and can use both feet. At our current level, that is a signing with real potential. Some of our best signings were players who had lost their way a bit and managed to flourish at Walsall.

There is a lot of moaning on UTS (shurely not?) some of it entirely justified but thinking back to what people have been saying:

1. We need a left back - tick
  2. We need a new forward - tick
  3. We need a centre-back - tick
  4. We need to offload a loanee or two - tick

And, being optimistic, I do not see the players brought in as dead enders - far from it. We may not, well will not, make much of this season but, when Taylor was appointed, everyone said it would be a season of transition.

6 Likes

Itā€™s a shame we also lost a centre half and a wide player already before that tick list started being ticked. And our returning attacking midfielder was written off for the rest of the season. And the loanees were offloaded under the condition they were replaced so you can go ahead and untick that one.

Weird, I remember you being sarcastic about ā€œmoanersā€ who were saying this would be the case preseason.

A good signing (hopefully)

"One of the reasons I have come here is because of the Clubs philosophy. "

Chasing long balls down the channels. Is that something Aristotle recommended?

I really hope that when it comes down to it he can do what all philosophers want to do and stick the ball in the back of the net.

2 Likes

Taken from the replies to Valeā€™s announcement of the Rodney transfer.

Good to see weā€™re not the only ones in existential crisis! :joy:
https://twitter.com/MikeFerns11/status/1487119986917269512?s=20&t=f8um9vTXhvtU23mKkmtcrQ

Burslem will be meltdown if they lose tommorow

1 Like

I was going to ask, who on here would be the first person to call him a ā€˜Plonkerā€™ adding my own suggestion.
But he beat me to it, in not so many words!

1 Like

If Burslem melted down, how would we notice?

8 Likes

Well Iā€™ve been talking about Rodney since the first episode Fools and Horsesā€¦:grinning:

1 Like

I think heā€™ll be a good signing. Refreshing to see us signing a player on a longer deal and at an age which will surely benefit us going forward.

2 Likes

The last player that we had in a Walsall shirt called Dave (Davis) was a good signing so fingers crossed this fella will do as well!

I donā€™t see it that way. Vale have managed to claw back the money we had rinsed them for. Explains why they held out for a bigger fee.

Will always applaud the signing of a forward, on a long deal for a fee, credit to the club.

Still need to give him service, so I hope this is not the end of our business. But fear it is.

3 Likes

Itā€™ll look much improved next time we go there?

1 Like

Badgemanā€™s projects finally having an effect.

1 Like

The stench :grin:

1 Like