Disappointed

Before anyone has a go at me, I need to get this off my chest. I have supported Walsall since 1980 so have seen a fair share of ups and downs but these last couple of seasons left me wondering what is the point. I had decided not to renew this year due to the rubbish we have been watching but I had a major health scare in June and decided that if all was well I would renew. Thankfully all looks okay so I did renew the day before the takeover was announced. I went to the meet the owner meeting and was full of optimism and couldn’t wait for the season to start. However at the moment I feel here we go again, why did I bother? I know it is early days and there is a rebuilding job to do but I feel let down. How quickly the good feelings can evaporate. I am sick of seeing a different player each night coming out with the same thing - we have to pull together, be mentally strong etc. Who will be spouting it next week? Do they draw lots to see who will be next in line to give the daily message to the press? I want to go to matches and enjoy watching the football, getting off my seat, cheering when we attack. I want to come away feeling entertained whether we win or not. I cannot see how we will ever score again, never mind win and we have to wait for January to sign anyone (other than unattached players) so how will it suddenly change. I didn’t go today but apparently it was awful so are we any better now? It doesn’t help when your husband comes home from Wolves ( yes I married a Wolves fan but our kids are Walsall fans) saying it’s the best football he has seen there in years. Sorry folks, moan over.

6 Likes

We look the same but at a lower level. There may be improvement but that’s not guaranteed. Going off the actual performances it’s nowhere near good enough and I don’t understand why people are being dragged over coals for pointing out that our new manager and owner haven’t exactly kept a lid on expectations or fan frustrations with some of the things they have come out with compared with what we have seen on the pitch. Not to mention the manager failing to rectify issues with the squad that have been glaringly obvious for weeks now and chopped and changed formation and personnel endlessly and.

4 Likes

Speak some goof points mate, After today more doubt creeps in and ■■■■ people who say wait, you still gunna say that at xmas? its not getting better atm its getting worse if anything, No forward creativeness, jules hoofs the ball, scarr hoofs with no 2nd thought, Simple balls go a miss, no movement, no talking at times, just complete disaray, just my opinions i guess, but after being all the games i just cant see it yet, Sorry boys but this season is gunna be very long and very hard if you was thinking it will be a walk in the park. There srewards were a joke, Put a disabled bloke up the top and treated us like scum, there fans are ■■■■■■ and the place is a ■■■■ hole in the middle of no where. Anyway ontoo bradford, keep believeing or do i mean hope? UTS

2 Likes

Amazing how did you convince your kids to follow the saddlers instead of premiership dingles.

Glad to hear your health is well.

2 Likes

Will be shouted down … Your making assumptions etc etc etc. Who cares !!! But the transfer budget given by Pomlett to Clarke is far less ‘in my view’ than either has been or would have been by Bonser. Bonser repeatedly stated that the fans ‘need to be careful what they wish for’ should he sell and my god this is coming true. Feel totally let down by takeover. On the game watched on I follow. Lavery and Gaffney appalling. Conference standard players

1 Like

There is no idea of any sort of a best 11 at the club and hasn’t been for 2 or 3 years now. My best years supporting Walsall have been when there is a core of a side. The season we got promoted at Bury we always knew it was Wilson and Lighbourne up front. Marshy and Houghton on the wings. These days it seems the norm to change team every week. Keates never knew his best eleven and it seems Clarke doesn’t either. I appreciate he doesn’t have the calibre of player we had back then but surely at some point you have got to stick with what he believes is his best team.

1 Like

I can’t help but feel frustrated. Patience is wearing thin. God knows how but we néed a big performance on Saturday with some GOALS. Because fans will not turn up at Bescot in numbers if there is no attacking play and are not entertained in any shape or form.

4 Likes

Alls the takeover seems to have been is a massive cost cutting exercise. My ‘assumption’ because of the appalling standard of player we have signed !

Mixed views on these comments. I think bonser had lost the plot and not so sure he would have spent any more. As far as Pomlett is concerned for Christ sake let’s back the bloke. We don’t know what he has spent it’s all guess work. Also maybe he is having to budget to pay Geoff of we don’t know the facts. It’s all guess work until the facts come out but let’s give the team at least till January and be prepared to be patient.

6 Likes

we will be down by january at this rate, hope it improves soon before fans go and so does the league status

It’s pretty obvious to me that Pomlett is spending far less than Bonser has done or would have done.

How is it obvious ?

1 Like

By the appalling standard of the signings Clarke has made

We’re not the first and certainly will not be the last where a takeover has put the club in a far worse position. Happens constantly

One goal in 9 hours. Absolutely pathetic. Have no hope that things will improve

I could accept the standard of players we had brought in if we had not bagged close to 500k on transfer fees during the pre season.

2 Likes

It was a lot more than 500k. Trust me. I cannot breach the confidence of some people I know who work for Sunderland afc. All I see Pomlett doing is massively slashing the budget !

Because the players we have signed are by far inferior to what we have been used to in league one days under Bonser.
This budget must be around 50% of last years.
We sold players for decent money by L2 standards recently and what have we invested. F ALL!
Mr. Pomlett has gone very quiet. Any chance of an explanation as to why we didn’t sign the player or players everybody could see we needed on deadline day to give this bunch some kind of creativity?

1 Like

Your right. I know a few facts. Ur not far off.

1 Like