Does the lack of cup runs frustrate you?

Spurs weren’t full strength at Colchester certainly. However they still finished the night with Davidson Sanchez, Eric Dier, Dele Alli, Lucas Moura, Son, Lamela and Christian Eriksen all on the pitch.

All internationals and all bar Lucas and Lamela played in last world cup.

So plenty of stars any young Colchester in attendance could’ve been bragging to their mates in class the next morning they’ve seen “live.”

Pogba also played v Rochdale.

31165611_1015944311886816_2603531612684481904_n

Super George in the Fellows Park mud. What a hero!

5 Likes

I can still feel it, let alone visualise it. Happy days.

2 Likes

But apart from that match (Spurs) most of the first teamers in the ‘bigger’ clubs (as seen on the quest highlights) were merely faded stars of the past out for one last pay day before being ousted from the squad, most contained kids from their youth teams.
This was also evident in some of the minor teams, one had eight changes from their normal first team squad…it appears most using the competition purely for a chance to look at some newcomers/kids.
Though I do have to admit I did like the look of that 16 yo for Liverpool, but my god it’s a good job he’s good at something, he’s certainly not a ‘looker’ is he!

Those were the days…‘real’ football! Mud, slopes, challenges on goalies, sliding tackles, god damn awful players but with passion.
And look at that crowd! Newcastle match was it?

Yes @Worsul4eva v. Magpies in 1975 official att 19,998 but seemed many more to me

Packed to the gunnells it were.

1 Like

Talking of Newcastle, I wonder if any of the UTS crew were at the 1897 match? :rofl:

I doff my hat to the illustrator - this is wonderful.

3 Likes

There’s some serious budget stretching prize money on offer in this year’s FA Cup. Reach round 4 and you’ve made a cool £225,000 plus any gate receipts and TV money. That might come in handy come January.

2 Likes

That is a real find…about 60 years before my first game though!!!

This is what happens when you type Walsall and Newcastle into Google.!

Nice to see both teams playing 2-3-5. No parking of the bus allowed.

Yes and if you combine the two line ups you have a nice diamond formation :smile: