DOF named today?

Then we don’t … :wink: :laughing:

1 Like

Phil Brown appointed manager of Southend. He would of been a good dof sure to have many contacts throughout the leagues and a similar sun tan to Paul Taylor!!

Why? The last updates have given us this false sense that if we don’t start winning then Dutton will be gone so I’m back to wanting to just see action rather than words.

This is the problem. Two big decisions which Pomlett laid the ground for, saying (4 weeks ago) that Dutton needed to win games in the next couple of weeks, and now saying we were on the verge of naming a DOF. Neither has panned out. Some people see that as picky, and there may be good and genuine reasons why, but it isn’t a good look if you keep saying things that don’t come to fruition, because after a while people will just roll their eyes and doubt what’s being outlined.

1 Like

Still not today then?

Hearing that the position has definitely been offered But they are still finalising the contract details. Prior to it being publicly announced who it is.

3 Likes

Have you got any ideas mate? someone will be on here announcing it before it’s official :laughing:

Is it a human being Franksyyyyy?

2 Likes

Any cryptic clues mucka??

1 Like

Don’t know who has got it mate just that an offer has been put.

Do know of a few who supposedly made shortlist but. That’s. As said just supposedly

Names I heard. Where Richard money. Kenny Jackett. Brian little. And Steve burr , But as said. This is only from the rumour mill lol

2 Likes

Quite an impressive list there mate, would be happy with most of those.

We ain’t going to get anyone like that surely.

1 Like

Don’t know mate , LP was Bonsers understudy for 10 years , he always seemed to pull a rabbit out of the hat when the peasants started revolting .

4 Likes

As said mate. It’s only rumours. Until, an official statement comes out, but. If club has serious intentions of progression then they have to be thinking along the lines of. A proper football man.
Not an events manager

6 Likes

That is how serious the situation is mate, LP has looked at what will appease us and nothing short of signing a big name will drum up ticket sales and interest, it is all or nothing now.

2 Likes

I was half expecting Danny De Vito, Warwick Davis and Michael J Fox to be on the short list.

7 Likes

Sounds like a tall story.

2 Likes

The thing is, LP can’t just stop at signing a big name DOF, he has to promise a budget to suit, otherwise i can see someone like Dicky or Kenny walking out after 12 to 18 months, because of lack of ambition.

As I said above mucka , needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat

1 Like

Well at this stage it had better be Jessica :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes