Doncaster Rovers (H) Sep 15th, 3pm

Got a strange feeling this will be first defeat of the season, hope not but can see it coming in a game most don’t expect so either this week or next at Oxford.

Record is great in fairness v Donny in recent times, Whitney had aggregate win of 7-2 over them in the two games last season.

That said they’ve started off the season better than I thought and have picked up some good away points so I fear it will be 1-2.

Yes, the point is that in these next two matches we are playing sides who really feel they owe us a defeat.
One of these will end up being a loss, I’m sure.

Genuinely feel as though we’re due giving a team a pasting. Changing my previous score of a 3-0 win to us to a 5-0 win :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Maybe we can both be right :grin:

4,500 tickets sold according to the club, not sure if that includes a decent Donny contingent.

1 Like

Sticking to the prediction i have put on another thread, we are one of their boggy teams, so 2-1 win with cookey and ferrier on target and both to get booked for over doing their celebrations, in front of a crowd of over 5,000 :grin:

1 Like

3-1 to the saddlers with the Cookie Monster coming on second half and scoring 2 goals. Att 4999

3-1 in front of 4891

Ferrier and Morris (2)

They’re not up there on luck alone…

They have some decent players, but IMO the defence isn’t tight or quick enough.

Going for a 4-1 home win - Dobson, Ferrier, Morris and Fitz with the goals.

Looking at the table I think this will be a tough one. I’m trying not to get carried away with our brilliant start so I predict 1-1. But I hope we win 3-0. :grinning:

Another draw for me (1-1), with Ferrier scoring for us in front of 4,804.

Wow - I’m loving the attendance predictions. :grinning:

Now that would make a very interesting prediction competition (no doubt Saigon would find a way to cheat :rofl::yum:).

2 Likes

I would gain inspiration from raft of assorted people, average the difference and then sweep to victory.

Truly perverted…

Starting XI against Doncaster Rovers:-

Roberts

Devlin
Fitzwater
Guthrie
Leahy

Morris
Dobson
Osbourne
Ginnelly

Ferrier
Cook

Substitutes:- Ismail, Dunn, Kinsella, Johnson, Wilson, Gordon, Rohan.

A further indication of the average punter’s doubts concerning our position … Betfair have Doncaster Rovers as clear favourites for this game (2.4) with Walsall at 2.9 and the draw trailing at 3.2 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Doncaster Rovers free kick brings the first shot on target (4 min) - the kitchen sink is being thrown at us…

Meanwhile, Bradford City 0 Charlton Athletic 1

Shrewsbury Town 1 Southend Utd 0

Rochdale 2 Gillingham 0

AFC Wimbledon 0 Scunthorpe Utd 1

Plymouth Argyle 0 Blackpool 1

We have our first corner, 14 minutes (Donny have had 2 already)

SUPER SADDLERS 1-0 UP !!! Yes… Morgan Ferrier header from very close range.

Against the run of play, but I really don’t care :grin:

Burton Albion 1 Sunderland 0 (21 min)

Penalty to Doncaster Rovers (32 min):roll_eyes: and a Walsall yellow card… (Leahy, handball)

Penalty scored, so 1-1 and all to play for. What IS a clean sheet, anyway???

Burton Albion 2 Sunderland 0 … League One not quite the “walk in the park”???

Fleetwood Town 1 Accrington Stanley 0

Ref is a massive ■■■■. Not a clue.