Dutton: In or out?

Dutton in or out?
  • In
  • Out

0 voters

Mentioned in the match thread, seems like a genuine guy but he is out of his depth, despite suddenly coming up with the best team and formation since he took the poisoned chalice.

Could have put the rest of the directors and staff and i would have voted the same, we need new blood everywhere.
Reminds me of a golf club i used to go to on golf society days, where the women were barred from the men’s lounge

3 Likes

I wonder if after 18 votes he Dutton in will have a greater % than his win %?

2 Likes

Definitely out, quickly followed by Gamble and Mole, if only dreams could come true.

3 Likes

You know that he & Pomlett will always have defenders on here, even if the club sprayed 'em with acid, and broke into their homes on Christmas Day and pithed on their kids!
That is why the club have got away with producing crud for years and years without sanction from supporters. They will still sell 3K season tickets, It’s Smallsall, it’s the way it has always been.

2 Likes

Shake it all about

1 Like

Maybe? There are some pluses, some minuses. Most important probably is, the director would rather wanna work with someone, who is his own choice. If not, it can cause unnecessary frictions.

I’m still Dutton in but after each presser he does I’m slowly changing my mind. The bloke just does himself no favours.

Not overly fussed one way or the other to be honest with you. I went with ‘in’ just because I would like to see him settle on a system and see if he get more victories than draws/loses as we have seen (give him so long into new season to prove himself or get rid) He seems a loyal sort of person which is a big plus in my book (and rare) but I totally understand people’s animosity towards him so overall it is probably best if he is ‘out’ for the harmony of the club/supporters, but this is about what we all feel as individuals after all thus my comments :wink:

3 Likes

Why do I get the feeling the people voting Dutton in also wanted Chris Hutchings and Jimmy Mullen to continue.

1 Like

I’m hoping he stays in till the end of the season

His press statements are becoming legendary

Can’t think of many other managers we’ve had come across more deluded than this bloke

Dutton in for now :joy:

That’s nonsense. There was nothing positive about Hutchings

1 Like

He is simply not worth the risk IMO… He had coached the team poorly for 2 years a new man with new ideas is needed . Over to you JF to find someone who most importantly can implement a style of play that we can impose on the opposition and let them worry about us for a change.

To be fair to Hutchings, in our one full season under him we finished 10th in a League One that included Leeds, Norwich, Southampton, Huddersfield and Brighton.

2 Likes

That’s incredible. I must have been asleep when we got any points.

I remember nothing about Hutchings except winning 3-2 at Wycombe after being 2-0 down. Given the cluelessness of Hutchings how we engineered that win is a job for the x files.

1 Like

The club desperately needs to keep the fans ‘relatively onboard’. Dutton as manager will put further divisions in an already fragmented fan base. This is something LP cannot afford to do.

1 Like

Its looking pretty conclusive what supporters want and even if he was given the job with supporters in the ground it would obviously turn toxic very quickly unless he had an amazing pre season and a very good start to the season.

1 Like

Can you imagine if we kept him based on what we have seen thus far, and then we were bottom of the league after the first quarter of next season (which would be highly likely)?

People would look in and say well, what the hell were they thinking? They deserve everything they get :rofl:

He’s no different to Jimmy Mullen, Chris Hutchings, Kevin broadhurst, Jon Whitney absolutely dreadful appointments.