Early Bird Time

Well said mate nobody should get slated for going to support there team

2 Likes

There not though are they? It’s Funk getting slated for having an alternative view ?

I still go and still enjoy it. There’s still not anywhere I’d have preferred to have been yesterday. Me and my dad actually laughed our way through the second half. It was peak farce.

I’ll be at Accrington next week because that’s where I want to be next Saturday with the people I want to be with next Saturday.

But there’s a chance that over the next five, ten, years I find something I do prefer doing on a Saturday. My fondness for Marine might grow into something bigger and a hell of a lot more convenient. I don’t know.

I haven’t seen anyone on here who’s choices strike me as particularly odd to be honest. They are all perfectly valid and pretty logical.

11 Likes

The issue I have with fhtf is that he talks big and does absolutely nothing. You may note I have not commented on other posters stance on attending matches or not ( apart from sadsfan who has openly declared switching allegience to another club. Surely he is fair game for that!?). He doesn’t go to games anymore. I get that. He doesn’t like Bonser and the board. I get that. He has a wonderful time doing other things. Good for him. Why does he think that makes him at the forefront of generating change at the club? It achieves zip. Hats off to Rob and Simon. That is being proactive fhtf! Not sneering at supporters who chose to go and watch their team play.

I also recall your numerous posts about how poor the atmosphere was at the ground, especially pointing out the ineffectiveness of the singing section. You then revealed you couldn’t hear them from your seat by the halfway line!

That is why I find your posts so irksome.

To the relief of other posters this is my final contribution to our spat. Enjoy your Saddler-free weekends.

3 Likes

Your issues are personal based on my contributions nothing more. Completely irrelevant and actually totally incorrect - but thanks for stalking my posts nonetheless.

So yes, good to hear that is your final point - you’ve added precisely nothing to this debate. Well done :+1:

Maybe if you typed continuously for 24 hours you would post something that somebody actually agrees with…

Oh and by the way, this is how ‘our club’ (whatever you consider our club to be - as you never really answered any of the points raised) treat those that try and bring the next generation of supporters to Walsall FC…is it any wonder we lack new blood in the stands.

1 Like

Just looked at the new fangled webbysite thing that is all the rage these days and found the above.

So reading that can you tell me if the Walsall fan was wrongly refused a ticket? Because I still can’t really work it out. 363 people have viewed that article, not even 10% of yesterdays crowd. So, is that effective marketing? Do our fans now know how to get that offer?

Even when simplifying the process, its still a mess. Select this, then select that to get this discount - WHAT?! Once again it all comes down to money - our online ticketing structure needs ripping out and rebuilding (sound familiar?) with the latest software or online ticket partners - but again, it requires professionalism, love and care.

1 Like

That’s fair enough then but can’t see many people going as far back as 2 months to find an article they might not know exists

It should be stated on the page with the admission prices which it isn’t, just reads ‘1adult 1 junior’ and for anyone who can’t find that article you can see where confusion could arise

No, its up to the club to market it, like nearly every other club would - even in the National Premier that would be promoted across social media platforms. Its infuriating - what are the staff at the club paid for? Even I can put together a half decent marketing campaign for tickets (as I have done with my events) with no training at all.

Don’t bother trying to reason with Donnington, hes just got a problem with me for some reason, hasn’t even bothered responding to most points because he knows full well he is chatting pure beans lol.

Just the comment from one of the other staff that annoyed me. ‘People trying to get kids in for free’ which wasn’t the case, it’s an extra 6.50 to add the junior on to the family ticket

I then responded saying ‘that’s ■■■■■■■ daft’ out of frustration and was kicked out of the queue and told to pay on the cash turnstile

Why did you think I was referring to you. My response was in reply to MAZZA who seems to think those of us who support the team are being hoodwinked by the wicked leader!!! Accusing us of no self respect. I want JB to go like most on here but neither he nor anyone else will stop me going to matches.

When I was in my 20’s I had a circle of mates around 10 of us. I was the only Saddler all the rest supported the Villa. We all went to matches on a regular basis. None of those mates now attend games at the Villa. I’m the only one who regularly still attends games. They all still claim to be Villa supporters though.
This is what happens in life. People change and have different priorities.Anyone who thinks that we are unique in this respect is crazy.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I have not renewed my 4, partly because of the awful home experience, partly because it now grinds me to pay into his pension pot and partly because My Daughter now swims in competitions all over the country.

I have missed more this season than over the last 30+ years. To be honest I can’t say I miss it

2 Likes

I haven’t renewed mine as I find the whole match day experience a depressing affair. I can’t put a finger on it but the lack of atmosphere doesn’t help. I have missed about seven this season anyway so don’t think I’ll miss it. I might use my ticket money to attend the speedway instead.

1 Like

I’m about 15 years as a season ticket holder, renew every year without fail on early bird, seen good and bad over the years and never been tempted to not renew but this is the first time i’ve not got mine and not sure yet whether I will.

Even if I end up renewing, I feel the desire to go ebbing away and it’s only a matter of time before I jack it in if things don’t change. Obviously I don’t want my team relegated but accept that it happens to clubs like us. I would happily renew and watch league 2 football but just had enough of feeling like a mug punter.

1 Like

A shame but totally get it.

Mind, them swimming galas. Like being in a particularly echoey rainforest all day.

1 Like

Renewed mine and actually paid a premium to remove myself from the boring old droners who have been increasingly getting on my tits for the past few seasons.
Boner wins.My ears win (hopefully).

3 Likes

Jesus, it must be worse than I thought.
Little wonder speedway don’t publish attendances.

Renewed mine against my better judgement. To be honest it’s more as an excuse to meet mates and have a few beers than it is to watch the football, so don’t dare count my renewed patronage as any kind of vote of confidence in the board or senior management team Walsall FC.

1 Like