EFL Restructuring

So the cash carrot was coming along with the future requirement of B teams embedded in the lower leagues.

3 Likes

The real killer for me was the proposal for L1 and 2 to be rolled into the National League and National Leagues North and South. This while the Championship became Prem 2 with the possibility of no promotion allowed.

1 Like

Closed off competition regs would cascade down so prem 2 would demand exactly the same thing if prem 1 had those rules established.

I have no expectation to see Walsall football in the top division ever in my lifetime, that turkey flew off a long time ago. But I have no wish to see some bizarre closed off league set up that renders the hope of a smaller club going on one of those rare promotions to reach a level no one believed they could do.

1 Like

So we have two new lads to cover for Josh Gordon , one from local rivals Birmingham and one from Bournemouth , and it’s very refreshing in this time of difficulties for all clubs , to see that Bournemouth are still footing the young lads wages they have loaned to us .

Edit … Good to see blues doing likewise in paying all their players wage too .
P.s wrong thread for this really but excitement took over :joy:

They also think that ifollow is shit

Bailout!

A mix of loan and grant…no concrete around how much is either, or who can get it.

Call it loans , call it grants ,someone will have to foot the bill in the long run ,will these smaller clubs be held to ransom in the the long term.I know all clubs need financial help , but at what cost

3 Likes

It’d be nice if the bailout favoured those teams that have played within the system rather than skirting dangerously around the edge. No doubt Southend (for instance) will get a grant while we have to apply for a loan…

Seems likely that The League of Greed™ will have to restructure should these plans come to fruition. Closed Shop anyone???