Errea

Continuing to supply kits for another 3 years.

Thoughts?

Never really liked em, just wish LUKE had got the contract, at least we would have had something a bit more stylish, safe to say i won’t be buying one anytime soon, where as i would have bought quite a few of the LUKE shirts and corresponding sportswear.

1 Like

I will probably buy one just to support the club , but would of much preferred buying from and supporting a local businessman at the same time.

1 Like

Me and 3 of my kids will be buying one regardless of who makes them to be honest.

1 Like

Satisfying fashion icons like yourself, Chunk, should have been taken far more seriously by the club… A disappointing decision.

2 Likes

Absolute load of crap.

1 Like

Full kit â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  :joy:

1 Like

It’s obviously the most profitable way forward for the club. I’m sure if this Luke guy whoever he is,had put the best offer in, the cub would have been expected to accept his bid.I honestly think that stylishness is at the bottom of most fans demands when it comes to a football shirt.

Football shirt maybe sid, but how many errea “T” shirts, hoodies, coats and track suits do you think they will sell? Luke is one of the major clothes brands in the middle to top market, competing with the likes of Lacoste Hugo Boss Armani etc etc, his clothes have been worn advertised by stars such as Stephen Graham Dynamo Rio Ferdinand, and to put things into perspective, he lost out on the contract to make the clubs shirts and merchandise by £1 a shirt. Now THAT is short sighted.

2 Likes

I think it’s all about loyalty and the relationship the club has built with the supplier. The kits they’ve produced for the last 3 years definitely have a passing grade, unlike other manufacturers we’ve had in the past, ERRA has done alright.
It would be great for a local guy to supply the team uniforms, but trying to uncement the bond formed with the current supplier involves a little more than money.

The last replica top I brought was the 20th anniversary special in November. I haven’t brought a modern replica since the days we were sponsored by Admiral, even though on occasions I have tried, but the amount of stock in required sizes was never in when I wanted one. I’m not sure who is to blame there, is it the club not buying enough stock or Errea and their production times?

If they were to release an exact replica of the black and red checked top, I think that would prove popular with fans, especially seeing as originals in good condition are pushing ÂŁ100.

I also do agree with @chunkster I thinking if we did choose a more attractive supplier, it would encourage more fans to buy.

2 Likes

Means nothing to me Chunks,I’d either buy a shirt or not,I wouldn’t look at the label,you’re very limited as to how cool you can make a football shirt,and why would you give it to Luke,he’s probably not a Walsall fan,and he lives in London I suppose.Anyway,I thought the club had given him some business with leisure wear.

1 Like

He lives in between Eccleshall and Gnosal in an old converted barn/farmhouse, he comes from Walsall Wood and supports Villa :wink:

He deserves the contract then… :confused:

1 Like

I’ve not really got one of those “I HATE ALL OTHER MIDLAND TEAMS” attitudes now to be honest, i did as a youth, i remember a few years ago, we had a Villa fan present us with something that he had won, but he could only give it to a team outside the premiership, and chose us, so live and let live, as long as we are not playing them of course then it’s all out war :rofl:

3 Likes

Except for the :raised_hand::fu: fingered bastards that is eh mate . .:joy:

1 Like

Can you be more specific? Probably been past it a million times!

That’s all i know mate, my mate Chris has been working there doing the electrics, but i will ask him.

Sorry @RobHarv3y i got it wrong it’s Wolverley near kinver :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Old age is catching you up quickly mate :rofl:

1 Like