Errea

Caught me AND overtook i think :rofl:, but as we were talking about Eccleshall, there is a lovely pub that do fantastic food called the old smithy when it opens again, bit of a gastro pub. anyway as you get about a bit, keep your eyes open for any plots of land for sale, semi rural if possible, i keep looking on the internet but they want £200,000 for some plots, i was looking at one in bradley, by the red lion, do you know it? they want £175.000 for it with planning, but the estate agent told me it would cost £200,000 to build :grimacing: bit rich for me lol

1 Like

I pass it every day to and from work. Never been in but there is a great Joules pub round the corner from it in the High Street called The Royal Oak. Lovely cosy place for a pint in the winter.

1 Like

Will do, I’m actually working in Eccleshall all this week too!

1 Like

I start my round next to that in the High Street - it’s number 25, not that you care! :rofl:

1 Like

Do you ever work in Gnosall? when i worked for WHG we had quite a few social houses on the new estate round the corner from the health centre, tulip drive? used to pee me off that the £500,000 houses used to face each other and the social housing faced the open fields for £500 a month :rofl:

Not delivering, but I do collections some evenings and Late Arrival Tracked items once a week too so I pass through Gnosall and drop parcels off sometimes.

Most of my deliveries tend to be in Haywood or Eccleshall, but I can do other ST16/17/18 too. Haywood, Eccleshall, Derrington and Penkridge are the ones I do more than others. I’ve been spotted in Penkridge a couple of times by UTSers

I ended up on a collection route the other week that took me to places like High Onn and Low Onn, never heard of them in my life!

2 Likes

We have properties in penkridge as well, just before you get to the island where the ford garage is, lyne hill? i love penkridge, if i could find a plot there i would be soooooo happy, in fact i think our own @kshammer lives there?

1 Like

Yeah, he saw me whilst he was walking his dog! Didn’t realise it was me at the time, wasn’t quite sure.

My uncle used to live at Whiston Mill down the lanes and Colin Lee nearly had it off him, but ended up going elsewhere.

Yeah I deliver all around there when I’m there.

When you say we, who do you mean?

1 Like

Sorry mate i still think i am working for WHG :woman_facepalming:, i keep forgetting i have retired :rofl: i was there 42 years it’s hard to let go :wink: they help build swallow place as well

1 Like

get a room.

2 Likes

My family home is about a mile from there. Lovely area but very quiet with not much going on. Depends what you’re after. The Red Lion is a brilliant pub, especially in the summer

2 Likes

I do indeed live in Penko. A rare Saddler in a sea of Dingles.

Don Goodman lives there too, always see him knocking about.

1 Like

Personally think some of the shirts they’ve designed have been quite smart (all three of last seasons kits, this seasons away and third kit) so happy with this.

Yes we have had a meal there a few years ago, bit of a bugger to find lol, i think it’s been taken over by the Lewis group of pubs now? they own the Wayfairer the Moat House Dog and Doublet.

My grandson has one of those black and red checked tops, he rapidly outgrew it as they do, think i’ll stick it on fleabay for him. Thanks for letting me know what they are fetching.

You can edit it by tapping on the pencil/pen icon and changing it :+1:

I’ve never heard of Low Onn either, but Little Onn is a different matter. Sort of both on the way from Blymhill to Church Eaton, that busiest of commuter routes. :grin: Or you could go a different way from Great Chatwell (pronounced Chattle by locals, in case you are ever round there) via Onslow.

High Onn and Little Onn are not far from Marston, where there was a nice pub called The Fox, but it’s a house now, like so many others. :frowning:

This is fun, must be worth a thread of its own - “Obscure villages near the Shropshire/Staffordshire border”. It would be my favourite thread. :grin:

We’ve got a couple of nicely named vilages near us in N Cambridgeshire. One is Offord Cluny the other Offord D’Arcy. Known to the locals as “The Offords” Nice restaurant/pub “the Horseshoe Inn” known as the Shoe.
There must be something better to do during this lockdown. :slightly_frowning_face:

Nightmare trying to find the postboxes round there. Little Onn it must be, bet there’s a Low Onn somewhere :joy:

Driving a van down those lanes was an experience

1 Like

I’ve been a few times to “Lower Piddle” near Pershore, think there is a " Higher Piddle " also, if you go into Pershore you may strike lucky and bump into Toya’s Wilcox who lives there, I can hear some of you posters saying " Toyah who " :thinking: