Etheridge in hospital

I hope Neil makes a full recovery. He was superb for us.

A sobering thought is that the QE have had to (today) cancel elective operations due to lack of critical care beds. I’d imagine that’s where Etheridge is, at a guess. Scary.

And yet you (and Andy) were both on there yesterday liking Matt’s posts?

That’s very wierd, but ho hum.

Whatever you say. :wink:

2 Likes

I was liking (and agreeing with) this last sentence from Matt:

I still scroll through quickly now and again to see what people are getting their knickers in a twist over, but not bothered posting on there as there’s absolutely no point for all the reasons Matt ​and others (including me above) have given.

For balance, I think some of the contributions from @Thanatos, or at least the way he makes them, is equally batshit but boy is there some extremely misinformed and massively opinionated stuff that ignores the scientific facts being posted. Doesn’t matter how eloquent an orator is if their argument doesn’t hold water - style over substance leads to the snake oil politicians and commentators that strangely everyone says they are against.

OK - fell for it and got tempted to post on the subject when I promised myself I wouldn’t. I’ll leave it there and not engage on the topic further.

2 Likes

:arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up:

:rofl: :rofl: :joy:

I’ll leave you two well informed types to agrue over your “legitimate primary sources” :rofl:

Anyway fair enough Andy, see you at Tranmere (hopefully) when we can drink beer and talk football.

3 Likes

Heard Lee Bowyer on the TV yesterday and he sounded pretty downbeat when asked about Neil’s condition. Steve Cotterill and Darren Moore both had bad cases in last 6 months although with Etheridge younger hopefully it dosen’t get as bad as that.

Best wishes anyway to a fantastic keeper.

3 Likes

Now back home after a very short stay in hospital. Pleased to hear he’s recovering.

3 Likes

Good to hear, hopefully he’ll have a speedy recovery

1 Like

Looking down a rabbit hole is different from putting your arm down it. Thana whatever had my admiration for his persistence

1 Like

Apparently, he is now out of hospital but, reading between the lines, is still some way from a full recovery.

2 Likes

Glad his recovery is going well, no need to read between any lines is there?
Obviously he isn’t fully recovered, he’s just come out of hospital.

1 Like

Cheers pal. I tried, and tried. And tried.

But if you have a look in the last 24 hours as an example - it’s an echo chamber for those with tunnel vision.

Very happy Etheridge is out of hospital. Let’s hope he doesn’t suffer too much in terms of long Covid - and ignore the fact that the medically illiterate do not believe it exists.

1 Like

So you’ve you’ve been reading the thread again Thanny? Thought you were done with it??

Lets face it, you read it everyday, you just don’t post because you lost the argument over covid passports “spectacularly” :wink:

Nevermind, like any discussion the thread is all the poorer for you not contributing.

1 Like

Looks like another former 'keeper was hospitalised due to COVID-19 - Karl Darlow. Fortunately both are back home.