Ex football league

I’ve got 3 Wrexham acquaintances up here, which is strange enough. I bumped into one of them on Friday and told him I was going to watch Blyth. He said Blyth tore them a new anus when he went the other week. Yesterday’s game I was at, Blyth v Buxton. Buxton’s second goal, scored by a lad that used to play for Hednesford, was absolutely sublime. Blyth’s center-forward scored 4 goals.

There’s gems in non-league, and clubs like Walsall need to pay attention by having a scouting network.

2 Likes

You would be amazed how many Wrexham ‘fans’ there suddenly are in North Wales now!

Are they getting anywhere close to outnumbering the Liverpool and Man Utd fans yet?!!:roll_eyes::laughing:

1 Like

I was at that Notts Country game. I lived just outside Nottingham at the time. We should have won it. I went with a mate who supported County and he agreed. We were in a County part of the ground. Had plenty of banter but there was no aggro at all. Happy days!

1 Like

Its amazing how a winning team. rich owners and plenty of publicity can bring old fans back and attract new fans.i have been to Wrexham when there has been less than 3,000 and to Notts when there has been less than 4,000 . Just 3 years ago Wrexham took only 56 fans to an away game at Eastleigh now they sell out eveeywhere.
I guess it shows the strength of the English football pyramid and as long as you are not stuck with the same rent sucking leech as an owner for decades there is always hope.

1 Like

That’s a legal requirement up here, they have to make a choice at 5 between pêl-droed neu rygbi, and if it’s football then if they don’t pick Lerpwl neu Mancenion Unedig they lose all their rights to sheep relations for life! However I believe Plaid are now involved and reforms are being made to make Wrecsam an acceptable choice, or a ‘2nd team’.

That said between Deeside and Conwy 90% are Manc or Scouse anyway :joy: I did play football for a bit on Anglesey with a local lad who is a Shrewsbury fan though, which was a bit bizarre.

Probably felt an affinity with inbreds.

Yeah I know just look at the dogheads at the custard bowl .