Excellent Podcast with Micky Flynn

Well worth a listen this. His whole life and career covered.

(1) Walsall manager Michael Flynn joins the TWS Sports Podcast (Full episode) - YouTube

5 Likes

He is such a good man. We are very lucky

5 Likes

I’ll give it a listen. Good find

1 Like

Post deleted.

It’s a school project for a special school in Wolverhampton I believe they’ve done loads. Listened to it yesterday, Michael Flynn comes across very well.

1 Like

Oh, I see, I will have another listen then. Sorry.

1 Like

I was just putting in context mate that’s all, no apology required

1 Like

No, I’m glad you did. Thanks.

2 Likes

I seem to be living in South Wales at the moment and Newport fans still adore him. Whenever I mention I’m a Walsall fan, the response is simply “Oh Flynny”. He is still based in Newport along with Hatswell.

2 Likes

Just hope Cardiff don’t come calling as Flynn says he’s ambitious and would be a fool to turn it down.
His ambition is to be in the Championship in 5 years time so let’s hope we get a couple of promotions or we could lose him.

Deano is apparently in the running for the job.

1 Like

I maybe should have inserted this in my original post…

TWS Sports Podcast is hosted by autistic students from a special school in the UK and each week we interview famous sportsmen and women.

I’ve had a look on their site and there are some great podcasts on there well worth a listen several sports are covered. Look out in a few weeks time for another podcast that has been recorded with Mat Sadler at the training ground which hasn’t been released by TWS yet.

3 Likes

I was in Cardiff yesterday. There is no real link with Flynn for the managers job this time but if he keeps getting results with us and he is ambitious then further down the line I could see Cardiff or Swansea calling for him.

2 Likes

@Lukeyboy That’s always the danger. He was open and honest in that to say in five years time he wants to be a Championship manager (at least) we can only hope that he can get us out of this division this season and get us a bit of stability in League One before a concerted push to get us to the dizzy heights of the Championship again. Be a shame to lose him at any point along such a journey.

1 Like

What a bloke. I hope he is our manager for a very long time but inevitably I think a bigger club will come calling

2 Likes

Flynn is a great fit with Walsall. It’s not all that easy to find that. If you look at Darrell Clarke, he came with a very good CV. He was just so full of ego and his own self-importance though.

Flynn just gets it. He is no one’s fool, really assertive, and knows what he wants. He has other great qualities too. He really gets that we all need to be pulling in the same direction. Hopefully, that will help him through any sticky patches we may have.

There is always the chance with success he could move on to bigger things. There is an equal chance I would say that eventually, he will get the sack. Things change so quickly in football. Even Sir Ray got the boot. Best just to enjoy it while it lasts. If he moves on then hopefully that will mean he has had success at Walsall.

13 Likes