Exit doors

Does anyone know if there is a rule to say that the big red exit doors must be kept shut during the last 5-10 minutes? I often leave early due to having a foot problem leaving me slow with my walking so I like to beat the rush. I leave by the corner of the family stand and the steward there leaves the door shut and opens it to let people out, shuts it and moves back to the area by the pitch. When the next person walks up to the door, he does the same again. If you don’t offer sincere thanks for him opening it you get a comment thrown at you, like I did yesterday. The one time I left but turned to go back in because I thought we had scored and he moaned at me saying I wasn’t allowed to come back in once I had left. Isn’t the door allowed to be left open about 5-10 minutes before the final whistle? I’m at the point where I dread going to the door. I might try another exit.

I’ve DM’d you, Cats.

I have every sympathy for you and your situation. However, I can see why the steward got grumpy. If you have decided to go you should go regardless if Walsall have scored or not.

I do get a bit miffed when early leavers pass in front of me then linger when we are on the attack, obscuring my view.

5 Likes

Contact the club, or the new SLO. Shouldn’t have to feel that you can’t use a certain exit because of some idiot.

2 Likes

I had a similar experience at the same exit yesterday… i left about 4 mins before the end and had to open the gate myself. The steward came running down the ramp (after i’d gone through the gate and also tried to shut it behind me) and shouted expletives at me along the lines of “you could at least f**king shut it after you”. I was astounded especially as this was infront of my young son. I know who the steward was and i shall be having a word at the next game. To be honest… apart from the football (which isn’t great) the match day experience is very poor.

1 Like

what a ■■■■ this bloke wants reporting to the club.

1 Like

That response is out of order. Report him.

1 Like

The member of staff in question needs sacking if that’s the case sounds like a right penis.

1 Like

Which exit was this, out of interest?

I noticed this when I went to the loo with about 5 minutes to go and wondered why they don’t keep it open instead of going backwards and forwards all the time I can’t imagine many people would sneak in

1 Like

This steward needs sacking immediately…supposed to be there in a friendly and helpful manner. What a ■■■■■.

2 Likes

It would appear all the people , or a vast majority the club employ are probably on minimum wage and give all the body language of … I really don’t want to be here

1 Like

it was the exit between the refreshment kiosk and the toilets at the end of the family stand that meets the homeserve stand. The same steward is usually on the gate between the homeserve and family stand

Minimum wage or not… there’s really no excuse to swear at paying customers especially when one of them is only 11.

1 Like

Absolutely right scotty2

All of the other exits (at least the ones i walked past under the homeserve stand) are open so not sure whether there is something ‘special’ about this particular one. Maybe it lets a draught in :dizzy_face:

Sounds like he is a bit of a jobsworth with learning difficulties to me

He’s gonna get a few mouthfuls himself now lol might have a trot over there myself :rofl:

2 Likes

Could be so kids don’t wonder out the ground .even so no need for the attitude

Unsurprised. If it’s the one with a limp, I used to work there with him. He once tried to argue with me and another steward that Hamilton had won that weekends Grand Prix…on a bloody Saturday :sob::sob: