Expectations for the upcoming season

Relegated by March, as it’s only 5 weeks until the season starts and we haven’t signed 2 strikers yet!!!:rage::rage::rage::rage:

2 Likes

Promotion. Doesn’t matter if automatic, or through playoffs.

Top 8-10 I think.
Hopefully we can make that 7th for the play offs.
We need a strong start.
Let’s see what striker we bring in.

Top 7

Well at the moment, unless the midfield chip in with about 60 goals and the defence don’t concede any then we will end up about the same as this season

1 Like

Top half. Every year our fans underestimate the rebuild. Every year they state play offs as if it’s a cert and we’re entitled to it. Every year they are saying the same things by Christmas that the people they wrote off as negative in the summer were saying.

A very serious challenge for the play-offs. Anything else has to be seen as failure.

Never expected to go straight back up, expected it might take several years and longer than we would want and it may not happen this season, but to go another season without even coming close to challenging surely would be seen as unacceptable to the most patient of us.

2 Likes

Two quality signings away from a very good squad.
Certain we won’t be strugglers.

1 Like

Current squad 12th-14th. We sign a quality striker 6th-11th. We sign 2 quality strikers 1st - 5th

2 Likes

Mid table as we currently stand,
If Pom and the yanks are serious then we need to see the colour of money. We are 2 decent strikers away from a promo push

2 Likes

:arrow_up:

This

Higher with more quality signings and a bit of luck. The margins between automatic promotion and playoffs will be wafer thin again I expect.

3 Likes

Consolidation. No flirting with the bottom two and something to build on for the following season.

Anything more will be unexpected and a bonus.

Due to the takeover though, a lot of people will be expecting far more. The last 3 seasons have shown us how shit the league is, but also how difficult it is to get out of.

1 Like

At the moment I’d say 10th-15th. That’s not to say I’m not happy with the recruitment, I am, we’ll be really solid defensively. We’re just lacking the goals to challenge so I’d say that’s where we’re at right now.
I do think we’ll add a goalscorer though.

Play Offs.

Just where are the goals and creativity coming from for people to think playoffs etc?

Looking at the squad and I think we have made some food signings we have 1 striker who is nearly 36 and signed one creative player in Hutchinson
Without the addition of another creative player ( assuming Holden has gone) and a striker or two mid table af the very very best for me with some pretty ugly football on show . We won’t concede many though but you need to score goals to win games

2 Likes

League position will simply come down to the strikers for me, our reluctance to invest in this area has to change.

Go big and we will be up there.

3 Likes

Right now I have no idea. It’s like trying to rate a Restaurant before you’ve seen the menu.
I’ll have an opinion when the team build is complete. I do not believe for one minute that we will enter the season with just the squad a s it is now.
I’ll come back and give my opinion (for whatever that is worth) when the teambuildning has finished.

6 Likes

The thread is about expectations not predictions.

We supposedly have a “very competitive budget” so anything less than a genuine playoff challenge is a disappointment in my eyes.

You really don’t have to be that good to make the top 7 in this league and it’s a complete myth that it takes years of squad building to challenge.

If we’re not in with a chance of making the playoffs going into the final few games of the season, I think the season will be a failure.

1 Like

We will not be relegated!:crossed_fingers:

1 Like