Expectations for the upcoming season

We’re as short as 12/1 to win the league with some bookies now, widely 25/1 available a few weeks ago.

Your literally telling the bloke who was behind the market change.

1 Like

I’ve asked my friends, Portsmouth Pip & Exeter Estella what they think of the upcoming season & they both told me that they have Great Expectations…

6 Likes

After lots of thought and some Friday night refreshments, I am going to say we will win promotion at Crewe and confirm the league v Salford with a bumper (home) audience.

Gary Neville will ask Pomlett to mentor him.

3 Likes

I wish i hadn’t taken those magic mushrooms now :smile: :wink:

If it happens our George is going up Sister Dora with my Dad’s Walsall scarf. Complete with the compo I’ve never been able to get off it.

Up The Saddlers.

2 Likes

Expectation on the back of business so far I’d say half way .
But I honestly can’t see us being finished yet , Flynn is no fool and he knows what’s required

So once he signs a quality striker I’d say play offs minimum

2 Likes

With the squad as is: we will be difficult to beat but won’t score anywhere near enough goals to get anywhere near the playoffs… 12-15th.

2 Likes

With all the post season antics, we have to see that anything other than a serious title challenge is a failure. Its the 4th year in this league now, we need to say goodbye.

1 Like
1 Like

My expectations are always positive on the eve of any season for as long ago as I can remember. No matter who the chairman or manager is, there’s always that hope in your mind that THIS is the season when we will beat the odds and get promoted or go on an amazing cup run. This season is no different, except for the fact that Pomlett decided to make that comment saying something like “we’ve already signed 4 players and one of them is a real game changer”.

It’s built everyone’s hopes up and even dented some people’s expectations already and I know that a lot UTS users are still clinging on to the hope that this big star signing is just about to blow our minds and sign for us as we watch nearly all our guesses at who it might be sign for other clubs…maybe Pomlett knows even less about football than we thought and he was talking about someone we’ve already signed :thinking:

Well Dame Omlette Biggins does have a theatrical background being a panto star, so I suppose you could say he’s a bit of a drama queen.

1 Like

My expectation is top 10 anything less really is a failure for me to have a manager like flynn, be backed more then usual (even if not making marquee signings we’ve signed far more then ever before)

I hope we hit those top 7 spots but I get the feeling I think we’ll be 8th - 10th which should mean that at points during the season we do some play off flirting

Has anyone got a complete list of the friendlies that we have prior to the season? Only fixtures they are showing on the OS are league and cup games no friendlies.

9th July - Villa Home

12th July - Leamington Away

16th July - Telford Away

19th July - Coventry Home

23rd July - Solihull Away

1 Like

Villa Saturday 9th July, 1pm kick-off
Leamington Tuesday 12th July, 7.30pm.
Telford 16th July
Coventry Tuesday 19th July, 7.30pm kick-off.

1 Like

Oh no he isn’t!

Also available on the Match Centre.

To add to the fixtures already mentioned we are sending an XI to Rushall on 26th July.

1 Like

Well said Swifty just about sums up how most of us feel…One marquee signing of a front man that we have heard of, and is not a geriatric (in footballing terms) would silence all the niggles, and have us all in a dream land vision of long hoped for success. May be, this year, it might happen?
However, I believe Flynn thinks that Williams will get us the goals that are needed…hhmmm.

Cutting out a large part of the 90 minute plus goals against us will improve our points total 10-15 points I reckon .

1 Like